Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Your thoughts....
coolconfidentme 05:27 AM 02-27-2014
New family one SA one DCB3.

One day no call/no show. Friend drops off DCB3 (no SA) after breakfast with chocolate milk & donuts in hand. I told her she could not bring that in here, she took it.

One day no call/no show. Mom shows up during breakfast to drop off DCB3 (no SA) with battery operated toy in hand. I told her she could not bring that in here, we don't do BA toys & if we did, he would have to share with everyone. She barked that DCB3 was bored here with nothing to do. Mom lets DCB3 decide if he wants to stay. They left.

Yesterday mom says she will work OT & come at 3am. (we are 24 hrs) I come in to cover shift. Again, no call/no show. Friend just dropped of DCB3 (no SA) as we are getting up/ready for breakfast.

We are 1 1/2 weeks into it. SA talks about watching Jason, Chuckie, etc all the times at home. DCB3 nice, polite but tells others to leave him alone or quit following me sometimes. Your thoughts please. (I think I already know )
dalman 05:38 AM 02-27-2014
One word......TERM
MotherNature 05:40 AM 02-27-2014
Do they have contracted hours? That seems awful if they're just dropping off whenever. You don't know if you'll be out of ratio if they just show up. I wouldn't put up with it, but I'm assuming you're in a center...
DaycareMom 05:53 AM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by dalman:
One word......TERM

You need to term! This woman does not respect you, your house, or your time. Her child controls her - also not a good sign.

Be done with it and save yourself the stress!
llpa 06:03 AM 02-27-2014
Honestly... Don't you wish it could be just easy sometimes? Somewhere along the way or in her own mind dcm decided she didn't need to follow the rules i would start charging extra fees, reiterating the handbook if those policies are listed, or just term and say it is because of disregarding policies, not because of the dck's.
coolconfidentme 06:34 AM 02-27-2014
Yes, I'm constantly reminding her of policy & her contracted hours. I have an OT provision with additional fees. She was willing to pay them, but did not show. My guess is she didn't want to pay it or over slept, idk. One day she asked me if I had hair gel. WHAT? It was crazy hair day & SA needed his hair done. She forgot. Another day she forgot & ran in here asking if I would help him with his homework. I reminded her it was her responsibility, not mine. I'm her child's DC provider, not his parent. SHE isn't a good fit & I will give her a term notice when she picks up. It all makes sense seeing it in print. I guess I needed to hear it from others.

ps.., I'm not a center, but do not live in my DC home.
Rockgirl 06:52 AM 02-27-2014
I agree with the others--doesn't sound like a good fit.

One thing, though.....I don't have a problem with kids telling other kids to stop following them, leave them alone, etc. Of course I tell them they need to say it in a respectful way..."I'd like to play alone" works fine. We all need our space sometimes.
coolconfidentme 07:05 AM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by when is naptime?:
I agree with the others--doesn't sound like a good fit.

One thing, though.....I don't have a problem with kids telling other kids to stop following them, leave them alone, etc. Of course I tell them they need to say it in a respectful way..."I'd like to play alone" works fine. We all need our space sometimes.
I general don't have a problem either, but I have to remind him to not be rude about it which he is. The following is when DCKs are riding big wheels on a set path inside. They are ALL following each other. I didn't go into details, sorry. DCB3 constantly interrupts me when redirection others or having a conversation with a DCP. I understand this is the world he is use to.
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 02-27-2014
NEXT....................

I would have termed on the spot when she started asking DCB if he wanted to stay.

I don't accept kids who run the show.
Rockgirl 07:08 AM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I general don't have a problem either, but I have to remind him to not be rude about it which he is. The following is when DCKs are riding big wheels on a set path inside. They are ALL following each other. I didn't go into details, sorry. DCB3 constantly interrupts me when redirection others or having a conversation with a DCP. I understand this is the world he is use to.
Oh, yeah--I don't tolerate rudeness or disrespect!
Luna 07:18 AM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
Yes, I'm constantly reminding her of policy & her contracted hours. I have an OT provision with additional fees. She was willing to pay them, but did not show. My guess is she didn't want to pay it or over slept, idk. One day she asked me if I had hair gel. WHAT? It was crazy hair day & SA needed his hair done. She forgot. Another day she forgot & ran in here asking if I would help him with his homework. I reminded her it was her responsibility, not mine. I'm her child's DC provider, not his parent. SHE isn't a good fit & I will give her a term notice when she picks up. It all makes sense seeing it in print. I guess I needed to hear it from others.

ps.., I'm not a center, but do not live in my DC home.
Sometimes it all seems within reason until you write it down or talk to someone about what's happening. More than once, I've typed out my issue and solved it myself before actually posting. Just reading it made the answer clear.
daycare 07:48 AM 02-27-2014
the thing that i am still caught on is that she let the child be the one to decide if he wanted to stay or not because YOUR house is boring?

NO way...................I would not deal with that.

I would term too.
Cat Herder 07:49 AM 02-27-2014
This DCM was charged full rates for all those no shows, the walk-out day and the OT ghost out, though. Right???
coolconfidentme 08:24 AM 02-27-2014
Yes.., a 3 year old decided if she went to work or not. Yes.., she was charged those days. Yes Blackcat..., I should have termed on the spot. This is desaster waiting to happen & everything you do NOT want in a family. My sanity is worth more that a few hundred buck a week! Thanks peeps!!!
Tags:difficult family, rates - 24 hour, rude clients
Reply Up