Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Payments...
Unregistered 10:01 PM 07-21-2018
I currently only have two families, but am having issues with both. One mom has suddenly started paying late. She added a late fee the first time, then an incorrect late fee the second time, and nothing the third time. I can't afford to kick her out yet, though I know it is coming.
My second family I have had for several years, currently just over the summer. She recently signed an updated contract, in which it says payment needs to be made by close on Friday or it is late (her old one said the same, but I at least know she JUST read it this time around). She is on vacation now, and wont be here on the Friday her payment is due... I am afraid she will not pay until they come back "hopefully Monday" (her words)

Anyway, Parent 1 did not pay on Friday, and has yet to do so. Parent 2 I would like to make aware that payment is still due even though she is not here.
I will be sending a message to them both tomorrow and need help wording it. This is what I have so far...

"Please remember that payment is due every Friday by 5:15, payment made at 5:16 or later is considered late and must be accompanied by a late fee of $10. An additional $10 will be added each day after 5:15 if not paid."
boy_mom 04:21 AM 07-22-2018
If possible tell them directly, along with giving them a letter, it's more effective way to get them to change behaviors.

I would also create a no pay no stay amendment to your notice. "If payment is not received in full, including all late fees, no child care can be provided."

I would also be advertising like crazy!
Unregistered 12:52 PM 07-22-2018
I have informed them in person before, though I hate confrontation :P

I won't be able to tell parent 2 face to face because she is on vacation, and I would rather her get the message before her payment is late.

I do have "no pay no stay" they pay Monday morning or during the weekend usually.
Snowmom 01:02 PM 07-22-2018
Honestly, you're planning on getting rid of at least family #1, so make it to the point without regard for butt hurt feelings.

"A reminder that payments are due on Friday by 5:15. Any payments made after 5:!5 on Friday are considered late and a late fee of $10 will be charged to your account for every day it is not paid. No services will be available to your family until your account is current. Continued late payments will result in termination of services without refunds, including your initial enrollment fee."
lovemykidstoo 01:19 PM 07-22-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have informed them in person before, though I hate confrontation :P

I won't be able to tell parent 2 face to face because she is on vacation, and I would rather her get the message before her payment is late.

I do have "no pay no stay" they pay Monday morning or during the weekend usually.
So family #2 didn't pay you and left on vacation and their normal payday would be the Friday they're gone? If that's the case, I would message them, email them etc and say that "just to remind you, payday is Friday, July 27 by 5:15. Since you are on vacation, you can use Paypal, wire, mail the check, as long as it's here by 5:15 or it will be considered late. In the future, you can leave a post-dated check so that your payment is not late. Thank you!"
CityGarden 02:27 PM 07-23-2018
I have one family who I text each month the day before payment is due..... they do an instant electronic transfer thru Zelle. Maybe offer both of them to set their payments up on auto pay so they can avoid late fees.
Tags:late payments
Reply Up