Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When the First Thing You Do After the Last Child Goes Home Is....
lovemykidstoo 02:24 PM 07-26-2018
Make a Moscow Mule, you know it's been a rough day! lol Cheers!
Cat Herder 02:27 PM 07-26-2018
Googling Moscow Mule....

Get's it.

Hope tomorrow goes better for you.

I just plugged in my heated blanket. In summer. All these HUGE infants are making me so sore I can't raise my arms or turn my neck. I don't remember 9-10 month olds being this huge. Wait, I also don't remember being this old and tired.

Have a great night!!
lovemykidstoo 02:37 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Googling Moscow Mule....

Get's it.

Hope tomorrow goes better for you.

I just plugged in my heated blanket. In summer. All these HUGE infants are making me so sore I can't raise my arms or turn my neck. I don't remember 9-10 month olds being this huge. Wait, I also don't remember being this old and tired.

Have a great night!!
hahah. There are many different varieties of moscow mules now. I made the vodka, lime juice and ginger beer version. Delicious!!! lol

I'm sorry you're so sore. I definitely have those days too!
Moscow Mules help hahaha
lovemykidstoo 02:41 PM 07-26-2018
See my thread I'M SO DONE and that's why lol
Ariana 02:55 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
hahah. There are many different varieties of moscow mules now. I made the vodka, lime juice and ginger beer version. Delicious!!! lol

I'm sorry you're so sore. I definitely have those days too!
Moscow Mules help hahaha
This sounds wonderful! Do you have the mule mug too?!
lovemykidstoo 02:58 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
This sounds wonderful! Do you have the mule mug too?!
Oh yes I do lol!!! Tastes so good! Excuse the hair and no makeup. It is HOT and HUMID here!
Attached: mule.jpg (99.8 KB) 
Blackcat31 03:00 PM 07-26-2018
Oh yes I do lol!!! Tastes so good! Excuse the hair and no makeup. It is HOT and HUMID here!
For someone who had a tough day, you sure look fabulous and happy!!!

Cheers! Enjoy your drink because you definitely deserve it!
Unregistered 03:15 PM 07-26-2018
Monday-Thursday after last kiddo leaves I clean up whatever is left to do then I make dinner for my family. On Fridays after last kiddo leaves I go out to the garage fridge and grab a cold one.
lovemykidstoo 03:21 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
For someone who had a tough day, you sure look fabulous and happy!!!

Cheers! Enjoy your drink because you definitely deserve it!
Awwww thank you BC!! Much love for the compliment! I needed it!!
lovemykidstoo 03:22 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Monday-Thursday after last kiddo leaves I clean up whatever is left to do then I make dinner for my family. On Fridays after last kiddo leaves I go out to the garage fridge and grab a cold one.
Perfect! I may repeat this tomorrow night lol
Josiegirl 03:35 PM 07-26-2018
I can see the stress flowing out of you as you sip your drink. Enjoy! And I agree, looking pretty and happy for being so stressed from dc.

Every Friday I tell myself I'm going to relax with a drink, then when kids leave, it's just me here and nobody to make me a drink. By then, I'm too lazy and tired. Lol
Pestle 03:52 PM 07-26-2018
Who's got the energy to mix up a cocktail?! I just go for a cordial glass of limoncello.
Leigh 05:04 PM 07-26-2018
I can't be the only one whose bra is off before the parent is out of my driveway!
Ac114 05:18 PM 07-26-2018
I usually clean up the kitchen and get my house in order but I do look forward to my glass of wine most evenings!
Rockgirl 05:23 PM 07-26-2018
Dos Equis in a frozen mug with lime for me! I don’t think dcm & child had even touched the door handle of their car by the time I was pouring.
lovemykidstoo 06:31 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I can see the stress flowing out of you as you sip your drink. Enjoy! And I agree, looking pretty and happy for being so stressed from dc.

Every Friday I tell myself I'm going to relax with a drink, then when kids leave, it's just me here and nobody to make me a drink. By then, I'm too lazy and tired. Lol
Awww thank you!!!! I usually don't make a drink either even though I say I'm going to, but today was especially challenging
lovemykidstoo 06:31 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Who's got the energy to mix up a cocktail?! I just go for a cordial glass of limoncello.
Oh that is pretty yummy too!!!
lovemykidstoo 06:32 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I can't be the only one whose bra is off before the parent is out of my driveway!
That is a very true statement. I know I've done that lol
lovemykidstoo 06:33 PM 07-26-2018
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Dos Equis in a frozen mug with lime for me! I don’t think dcm & child had even touched the door handle of their car by the time I was pouring.
lol. I've done it that fast too haha!
DaveA 04:01 AM 07-27-2018
Make sure everything is put up and turn on the TV or radio for a few minutes before starting supper.
Gemma 04:39 AM 07-27-2018
Let my dogs out!
amberrose3dg 04:43 AM 07-27-2018
During the week its relax in my recliner for 10 mins before moving onto other chores or things that need to be done.
On friday its my day to go out to eat and get a drink
I do not drink at all during the week. I don't know why cause I just feel like I can't. Then again I only usually have one at dinner to "reward" myself for working so hard all week.
I will say on Friday I have my husband load our kids in our car 10 minutes before last kid leaves and im following that parent out the door to my car as they leave! I'm out please get in your car and leave as soon as possible.
Annalee 07:03 AM 07-27-2018
I hit the other door running cooking supper, household chores, etc....because if I sit down, I am done!

At the end of the day, I go to each son and we have a pow-wow about the day......my favorite part of the day
Ariana 07:47 AM 07-27-2018
Beautiful!! I am going to have to get me one of these!

Cheers
Ariana 07:48 AM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I mix my limoncello with tonic and ice! Delish
Kimskiddos 08:17 AM 07-27-2018
Make a Moscow Mule, you know it's been a rough day! lol Cheers!
Sorry your day was tough!

I make my own variation of a Mule. Keep in mind I've eaten keto for a couple of years, so no sugar. My liquor of choice is tequila and the price for sugarless ginger beer was $7 a 6pk on Amazon! No thanks. So I created a Texas Mule with tequila, zevia ginger ale, sparkling water (so it's not quite so sweet) and lime juice. These things are delicious! Hubby likes vodka in his.

We celebrated National Tequila Day just the other day with a couple of mules after work.
lovemykidstoo 10:52 AM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
Sorry your day was tough!

I make my own variation of a Mule. Keep in mind I've eaten keto for a couple of years, so no sugar. My liquor of choice is tequila and the price for sugarless ginger beer was $7 a 6pk on Amazon! No thanks. So I created a Texas Mule with tequila, zevia ginger ale, sparkling water (so it's not quite so sweet) and lime juice. These things are delicious! Hubby likes vodka in his.

We celebrated National Tequila Day just the other day with a couple of mules after work.
That sounds good! I'll have to try it!

Went to dinner/drinks with my 2 cousins last night and we all got 2 more mules lol. One regular one and then one made with raspberry vodka. That was amazing!
CityGarden 01:20 PM 07-27-2018
ENJOY!!!! Sounds like you earned it.

I still have 2 hours to go until I am off.... I am so looking forward to being off because it is a rare night that I will have the house completely to myself (no guest, no dcks, and my own dd is at an overnight)

I see a glass (or bottle) of white wine in my very near future!!!!
LysesKids 02:48 PM 07-27-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
ENJOY!!!! Sounds like you earned it.

I still have 2 hours to go until I am off.... I am so looking forward to being off because it is a rare night that I will have the house completely to myself (no guest, no dcks, and my own dd is at an overnight)

I see a glass (or bottle) of white wine in my very near future!!!!
All my littles are gone & a new parent signed on too... time for a Moscow Mule lol. I'll worry about steam cleaning the rug tomorrow
Rockgirl 03:43 PM 07-27-2018
That sounds good! I'll have to try it!

Went to dinner/drinks with my 2 cousins last night and we all got 2 more mules lol. One regular one and then one made with raspberry vodka. That was amazing!
I’ve had a cranberry one that was really good!
tenderhearts 04:10 PM 07-27-2018
If we are not going anywhere put on my comfy jammies
Josiegirl 02:39 AM 07-28-2018
Ooh raspberry vodka sounds interesting. I'm a vodka kinda girl but always resort to oj/vodka or White Russian. Not that I drink all that often. The bottle of vodka I have has been in my cupboard for a few years. Only time I drink is when my dds come back home(Christmas) and by the time I finish 1/2 a drink I either feel blech or I'm ready for bed. Lol Compared to my younger days when I'd hang out with my friends in bars and finish my drink before the server even left our table.
ColorfulSunburst 05:37 AM 07-29-2018
Ladies, I cannot believe. Do you really do all of this without taking your bras off first?! You have to change your routine. Any cocktail will be much much tastier

Mad_Pistachio 05:52 AM 07-29-2018
the day of the incident I described in another part of the forum, I came in and said, "pour me... something. I don't care," - and wolfed down 2 glasses of wine I didn't even like before. I think if it was rubbing alcohol, I'd down that one, too.
and I usually savor one glass until I hit the pillow...
lovemykidstoo 07:26 AM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
All my littles are gone & a new parent signed on too... time for a Moscow Mule lol. I'll worry about steam cleaning the rug tomorrow
Atta girl lol! Hope it was great!
lovemykidstoo 07:26 AM 07-29-2018
I’ve had a cranberry one that was really good!
That sounds delicious! I'm going to try that! I had a cherry one last night. Yup I'm hooked haha
lovemykidstoo 07:27 AM 07-29-2018
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
Ladies, I cannot believe. Do you really do all of this without taking your bras off first?! You have to change your routine. Any cocktail will be much much tastier
Great point! lol
Gemma 10:25 AM 08-02-2018
After reading this thread, I'm contemplating taking on drinking!
daycarediva 10:40 AM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
the day of the incident I described in another part of the forum, I came in and said, "pour me... something. I don't care," - and wolfed down 2 glasses of wine I didn't even like before. I think if it was rubbing alcohol, I'd down that one, too.
and I usually savor one glass until I hit the pillow...

By the time I get upstairs, my dh already has dinner on the table and a glass of whatever goes best with dinner. I wash my hands and sit down. (hard knock life, eh?)

I've been drinking gin lately. My dcm bought me a huge bottle, and sent me a link to the gin & juice video but she changed the lyrics for me.

With so much drama in the DC
it's kinda hard being (me)
But I, somehow, someway
come up with fun and educational S$$$ every single day
May I kick a little something for the kids
and make a few connections for the ABC's
because it's 2 in the afternoon and the kids are still jumpin
cause their mama needs say no
I got kids in the living room fighting over toys
and they ain't leaving till 6 in the evening
so whatcha wanna do?
I got a pocket full of crayons and (assistant) does, too
so turn off the lights and close the doors.
It's closing time babies and I'm out the door.

Rollin down the street in my triple stroller sippin on apple juice.

LLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIID back.

amberrose3dg 10:45 AM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

By the time I get upstairs, my dh already has dinner on the table and a glass of whatever goes best with dinner. I wash my hands and sit down. (hard knock life, eh?)

I've been drinking gin lately. My dcm bought me a huge bottle, and sent me a link to the gin & juice video but she changed the lyrics for me.

With so much drama in the DC
it's kinda hard being (me)
But I, somehow, someway
come up with fun and educational S$$$ every single day
May I kick a little something for the kids
and make a few connections for the ABC's
because it's 2 in the afternoon and the kids are still jumpin
cause their mama needs say no
I got kids in the living room fighting over toys
and they ain't leaving till 6 in the evening
so whatcha wanna do?
I got a pocket full of crayons and (assistant) does, too
so turn off the lights and close the doors.
It's closing time babies and I'm out the door.

Rollin down the street in my triple stroller sippin on apple juice.

LLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIID back.

Tags:daycare environment, moscow mule, unwind
Reply Up