Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's A Good Website To Use For Child Care/Daycare?
Ms Tee 10:53 PM 09-15-2018
Hello everyone,

I am ready to start on my website. There are so many different sites, that I can't choose. So I'm asking the community, What in your opinion is a GOOD website to use and Why? Thank you to everyone who has responded.

Michael 12:04 AM 09-16-2018
Welcome to the forum. Your question needs some clarification. By website, do you mean which company can offer you the best software to help you create your website? There are several that are user-friendly like WIX.com or weebly.com. There are always other options depending on how much you want to modify a website to your needs. The sky is the limit. The basic website is similar to buying a furnished home that just needs your personal touch compared to someone that wants to remodel anything and everything to your specific needs.

Here is a good thread on how to create a website that is helpful: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323
Ms Tee 01:19 AM 09-16-2018
Thank you for responding. Yes, I'm sorry, I meant the best website software to use to create a website. I'm so new at trying to ask a question, that I'm fumbling over my words, lol. Yes, I did look at Wix and Weebly. Only two designs on WIX and Weebly didn't have anything close to what I was looking for. I'm now looking at godaddy.
Jodik 06:24 AM 09-16-2018
I use weebly. I took one of there templates and then through playing around, I was able to change it up and make it my own. I think I started as a barbershop. Changed the pictures, which they offer free pics...many childcare related. Added pages. I get many compliments on my website and how preofessional it looks. It takes a little bit to figure it out, but easy once you get the hang of it.
Michael 02:35 PM 09-16-2018
Originally Posted by Ms Tee:
Thank you for responding. Yes, I'm sorry, I meant the best website software to use to create a website. I'm so new at trying to ask a question, that I'm fumbling over my words, lol. Yes, I did look at Wix and Weebly. Only two designs on WIX and Weebly didn't have anything close to what I was looking for. I'm now looking at godaddy.
Since you are now looking at a domain registrar, I suggest you consider what domain name would be appropriate for your business/website. Weebly and WIX are companies that provide you with their templates but you ultimately are using their addresses. While visitors to your pages may appreciate the content you placed on them, your marketing purposes may be diminished in not having your own web address to advertise. GoDaddy and many other companies can provide you with a domain name and then a website or email addresses to go with it.

My suggestion would be to start learning how to use WordPress. Its free and many sites use them as their platform for their business and online presence. I use WordPress for probably 20 or more of my businesses like www.Nashville.com or here www.Daycare.com/nannyde

If you own an online address, why not own the home you are building on your property. Once you learn WordPress, you can cookie cutter the platform for anything on the internet.

My suggestion would be to register a domain name with GoDaddy and use their WordPress website platform. There are literally thousands of WordPress templates to use for free. Learning to use WP would be the best online lesson anyone could learn to use the potential of the internet.
MarinaVanessa 03:36 PM 09-16-2018
I use webs.com. I like the drag and drop layout and content options and the fact that its super simple to use. I've tried weebly before and ultimately chose to stick with webs.com.

What Michael says is true. If you sign up with any of the mentioned ones besides Wordpress (not sure of what others) you'll be using their domain name. So for example with Webs.com my website is HelpingHands.webs.com and there's no way to remove the webs part, even if you pay for their upgraded membership. I ended up getting my own domain name and direct the traffic to my website so the address that I give to people and put on my marketing materials is VenturaDaycare.com. It redirects traffic to my webs website.

I would rather have my website at Wordpress however it is a little difficult for me to learn and navigate it so I put that project on the backburner for now until I have more time to really learn it. I don't like that my pages have webs at the end but it works for now so that's what I'll keep doing.
Blackcat31 03:42 PM 09-16-2018
I use Webs and paid for an upgraded package vs the free one and with my paid package ($79) a year I get 2 free domain names.

So my Webs site does NOT have “webs” in the address.

My site is ABCDaycare.com (not my actual name) but it’s just my daycare name.com so I was able to have the Webs part removed from my site address.
Ms Tee 10:23 AM 09-18-2018
Thank you to those who helped me out. Yes, I do already have my domain name. I will look at the other website, at was mention to me. Again, I thank you all,
BrynleeJean 12:25 PM 09-18-2018
i just found out last week that you can make you own website on vistaprint.com
AND if you want to make a logo through their site which is like 20 bucks, for your business, its free if you use it on a website you make with them or on any merch on their site. i was impressed with their web stuff but wasn't ready for the web subscription commitment. i also looked at godaddy
id say between godaddy and vista print but i think vista print may be cheaper but godaddy is more user friendly and may look more professional with the least effort
CityGarden 01:02 PM 09-18-2018
I use Square Space and love it. My URL is custom and does not have Square Space in the domain name - I purchased my domain name from Go Daddy.
Tags:website - how to
Reply Up