Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Boosting Facebook Page?
LittleScholars 11:18 AM 09-26-2018
Has anyone boosted their facebook business page? Did it yield good results?

I've never had a problem filling spots, but I'm currently in an extra weird position because I'm closing until Nov 26 for maternity leave, I only have weird part time spaces, I reduced my hours (now 7:30-4:30), and I'm not offering full time summer care and longer (TBD exactly what I'll be offering, but most likely a reduced week). Needless to say, finding the perfect fit is now much harder. I'm wondering if paying for the boost would be beneficial. I hate facebook and I hate mixing business with personal, so I don't really want to spam my personal friend list with my daycare info.
Cat Herder 11:35 AM 09-26-2018
This brings to mind the whole "never pay money to make money". IDK. Maybe the money would be better spent getting your current clients to spread the word? A small discount for anyone whose referral enrolls?
Baby Beluga 12:22 PM 09-26-2018
I too didn't want to spam my friends and family with FB stuff. So I have two different FB accounts. One is strictly for family and friends and one that is strictly business that my business page is attached to. Just a thought for you.

I have boosted 2 posts. The first one I had inquiries from and gained a lot of likes, but did not net any new enrollments. The second one I just got views. No new likes or inquiries. So I think it's a toss up. Before paying again I would advertise in moms groups and other free forms of advertising.
CityGarden 01:56 PM 09-26-2018
I suggest you define what you can/will offer before you actively market. My offerings are limited and do not suit all families and it takes longer for me to fill an open spot but I am clear on what those offerings are which helps me to clearly communicate those with potential parents and it helped me know the best methods/places to market. It could help you see if you should be marketing to teachers, SAHMs, Nurses, etc.

I have a very basic FB page for my business and do not spam my friends and family from my personal page. I have boosted a post listing open spots and boosted an event for an open house. I received likes from the boosted post but would not do that again as they did not lead to enrollments or tours. I had good success with the boosted event for the open house. The open house post linked to a Inquiry/Open House RSVP form on my website (getting their contact info and increasing traffic to my site) and I had several people attend the open house and three enroll from that open house. In addition to the boosted post for the open house I also personally posted in FB Mom Groups about the open house as well so I cannot give all the credit for the turn out just to the boosted event post but I felt it was worth it.

I do find posting in moms groups has been better than paying for boosted post/events and referral are best!! I would maybe first offer your current families some sort of promotion to share your program with their friends.
LittleScholars 10:29 AM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I too didn't want to spam my friends and family with FB stuff. So I have two different FB accounts. One is strictly for family and friends and one that is strictly business that my business page is attached to. Just a thought for you.

I have boosted 2 posts. The first one I had inquiries from and gained a lot of likes, but did not net any new enrollments. The second one I just got views. No new likes or inquiries. So I think it's a toss up. Before paying again I would advertise in moms groups and other free forms of advertising.
I also have two! I should have said that. I don't invite people to like it, but I think I can do that. I've always had the best luck in the mom groups, but some are now forbidding posts about daycare (boo). But that really is the best place to start (and free).

Thanks!
LittleScholars 10:32 AM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I suggest you define what you can/will offer before you actively market. My offerings are limited and do not suit all families and it takes longer for me to fill an open spot but I am clear on what those offerings are which helps me to clearly communicate those with potential parents and it helped me know the best methods/places to market. It could help you see if you should be marketing to teachers, SAHMs, Nurses, etc.

I have a very basic FB page for my business and do not spam my friends and family from my personal page. I have boosted a post listing open spots and boosted an event for an open house. I received likes from the boosted post but would not do that again as they did not lead to enrollments or tours. I had good success with the boosted event for the open house. The open house post linked to a Inquiry/Open House RSVP form on my website (getting their contact info and increasing traffic to my site) and I had several people attend the open house and three enroll from that open house. In addition to the boosted post for the open house I also personally posted in FB Mom Groups about the open house as well so I cannot give all the credit for the turn out just to the boosted event post but I felt it was worth it.

I do find posting in moms groups has been better than paying for boosted post/events and referral are best!! I would maybe first offer your current families some sort of promotion to share your program with their friends.
This is good advice. I have a very, very basic FB page (I don't love FB), but a very nice website that clearly states what I offer. What I want is to funnel people to my website, which currently is very hard to find on google (I should prioritize working on that). My target audience is teachers, so you're right that I should actually try to target that audience.
Tags:facebook
Reply Up