Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Queue Audiobooks?
Mom2Two 12:24 PM 01-25-2019
I've started using audiobooks for my inconsistent napper, and it's GREAT. (Thank you for the tip, BC!)

But some of the sets I've bought are only an hour long and I need 2 hours, because sometimes he falls asleep and sometimes not. And I really need them to keep him more calm.

So does anyone know if they can be queued? Are there any favorite sets that are 2 hours long? My Dr. Seuss set is that long, but I'm having a hard time finding others.

TIA
Mom2Two 01:14 PM 01-25-2019
Okay, I think I might be able to make a playlist on Youtube. Free too (with ads tho).
jenboo 01:20 PM 01-25-2019
I load everything onto an old ipod
Mom2Two 01:27 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I load everything onto an old ipod
Can you make them play all in a row? Wait...I think I remember that you can make playlists on ipods, right?

I have an old one that i got on ebay, but it died. I need to get a new one. It plays the one set of audio books I have on there, but I can't load anything new.
CityGarden 10:27 PM 01-26-2019
I am very intentional with the audio books at nap so they may better encourage rest.... all are chapter books above the level my kids would read with me in a book but you would be surprised what their mind can take in during a state of calm. Some of our favorites that I own:

Mr. Popper's Penguins
Peter Pan
The Peter Rabbit Collection
Mary Poppins
Charlotte's Web
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

* The ones I own I can hit the auto repeat button in my books section on my phone and it auto repeats but most of these are pretty long that I just go a rewind it a bit..... instead of starting it all over... something about the intro with a different voice and sometimes intro music wakes them.

Others I borrow from the library and these are some favorites:

Anything by Judy Blume especially Fudge Series (my boys love this series)

Judy Moody

James and the Giant Peach

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I am sure there are more, I just look at the library catalogue online and see what's available.

I play the same audio book consistently for 2 weeks or so....
jenboo 07:51 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Can you make them play all in a row? Wait...I think I remember that you can make playlists on ipods, right?

I have an old one that i got on ebay, but it died. I need to get a new one. It plays the one set of audio books I have on there, but I can't load anything new.
Yes, you just make playlists. I would have 1 or 2 long stories and then map music play and then the stories again towards the end of nap for kids who wake up a little early
Tags:audio book
Reply Up