Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Giving ECE One More Shot After this Corona Stuff Clears Up - I Have a Question
Unregistered 09:43 PM 03-22-2020
I've only had negative experiences working in preschools, high end and low end. I love teaching so much and want to give it one more try.

I was thinking a Montessori school would be better. Have you notice any differences between Montessori schools vs "normal" ones? If so, what are the difference?
Cat Herder 05:21 AM 03-23-2020
I noticed no difference. Just a different brand.

The best has been running my own program.
Ariana 02:52 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I've only had negative experiences working in preschools, high end and low end. I love teaching so much and want to give it one more try.

I was thinking a Montessori school would be better. Have you notice any differences between Montessori schools vs "normal" ones? If so, what are the difference?
The main difference is expensive Montessori training.
CityGarden 03:09 PM 03-23-2020
I 100% agree with Cat Herder. I ran an in home Reggio preschool program - loved being my own boss, still did not like dealing with parents.

I would not open a Montessori program without formal Montessori training and the added expense of Montessori materials would need to be factored in as well for starting cost.
Unregistered 02:19 AM 03-25-2020
Hey, I'm a trained Montessori teacher working in Canada. In my experience , Montessori environments tend to be a bit better but you still have to look for a quality program. I've seen plenty that are "Montessori" but no better than a sub-par preschool While it can be better, I still hope to run my own place one day. I don't think anything can really beat it.

If you're looking to train in Montessori check out the centre for guided Montessori studies, it's online with its in-person portions located in the USA
Tags:montessori learning
Reply Up