Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thinking Of You All...
CityGarden 03:41 PM 03-23-2020
Just wanted to check in on you all.

I realize some of you are still open either serving families of essential workers or just providing to stability to dcks! I also realize some of you are closed and for some that might be financial hit. (((HUGS))) to you all - I miss those of you who I got to "know" her online and I am thinking of you all right now.

Since I closed my preschool program I have been doing grant writing for a non-profit and enrolled in the local community college.... while I made more $$$$ from having my preschool program and I miss my preschool kiddos I feel really hopeful with my academic path now that I am older and wiser. I am considering a couple different paths career wise but overall I am less stressed, get sick less often and feel more energized for my own dd. I did not realize how tough this job was until I left - so kuddos to you all.

Miss you all oodles and I am thinking of you during these trying times.
flying_babyb 03:44 PM 03-23-2020
Aww. Nice message. I'm at a center that's considered essential even though it's not mentioned in the government's speech. Were disinfecting alot and trying to get by as more kids leave. Hard to keep all the staff going
Cat Herder 03:50 PM 03-23-2020
Just because you are not doing this anymore does not mean you can't stick around.

Glad to hear you are doing so well.
CityGarden 04:15 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Aww. Nice message. I'm at a center that's considered essential even though it's not mentioned in the government's speech. Were disinfecting alot and trying to get by as more kids leave. Hard to keep all the staff going
Your center being opened allows us to have grocery stores and hospitals staffed - you are a front line worker and I am grateful for all of you!
CityGarden 04:16 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Just because you are not doing this anymore does not mean you can't stick around.

Glad to hear you are doing so well.
I miss you and all of your wisdom! It was the oddest part of closing as I checked and participated in the forum several times per day.

How are you doing?
Cat Herder 05:03 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I miss you and all of your wisdom! It was the oddest part of closing as I checked and participated in the forum several times per day.

How are you doing?
Aww. That was too sweet.

I am doing well. Just reading all the new updates from our governor and watching the fallout from all the parents and large center owners on facebook. It still needs a little clarification.

He said "if you can keep 6 foot distance" but licensing is ignoring that part right now. No idea how it will pan out by morning, he did not say anything about this until 5:30 pm, today. We need to know if the kids can come tomorrow. It goes into effect at noon. It is crazy right now. Minute to minute changes.

I am so glad you got out. Stay healthy and rested for me. (You know I will be just fine. )
Blackcat31 05:51 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Just wanted to check in on you all.

I realize some of you are still open either serving families of essential workers or just providing to stability to dcks! I also realize some of you are closed and for some that might be financial hit. (((HUGS))) to you all - I miss those of you who I got to "know" her online and I am thinking of you all right now.

Since I closed my preschool program I have been doing grant writing for a non-profit and enrolled in the local community college.... while I made more $$$$ from having my preschool program and I miss my preschool kiddos I feel really hopeful with my academic path now that I am older and wiser. I am considering a couple different paths career wise but overall I am less stressed, get sick less often and feel more energized for my own dd. I did not realize how tough this job was until I left - so kuddos to you all.

Miss you all oodles and I am thinking of you during these trying times.
Hi! How are you doing?

I second what CH said... you can definitely still stick around even if not working in the field.
You always had great advice and input and I loved chatting with you!
Gemma 01:46 PM 03-25-2020
Nice of you to check in, I'm glad you're doing well!

I'm still open but only for "essential workers". three of my families fall under this category for sure, how can I tell if others do, do I take their word for it, or do they have to provide a letter from their workplace?
Tags:coronavirus, coronavirus - living with the effects, daycare environment, returning member
Reply Up