Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Long Rant
kayla 07:27 AM 09-05-2012
UGHHH! Thats all I can say. I have been so stressed out lately... First I have to get rid of a baby on friday, and I am stressing about how she will react to it. Also I have a parent who thinks it is her business, yesterday I had an interview and right in front of them she was like who are these people?!?!? umm excuse me none of your business, then she proceeds with are they friends of yours??? ughhh mind your business.... Also the baby I am getting rid of has been awful, he was on vacation and came back tuesday but all he does is scream, eat, spit up, and doesnt nap just sits in pack and play screaming louder than any baby I ever heard....I have been so stressed and irritated I take it out on my dh who doesnt deserve it. I have also been run so ragged household stuff is getting put on back burner... I used to pride myself in my spotless home.... And always always having dinner on the table when my dh got home from work.... Now I just cant seem to get it back, along with letting myself go.... I used to consider myself very beautiful, now I am having a hard time finding any beauty when looking in the mirror.... I don't know if it's just being stressed out from the job or what but I just want to get back to what it used to be like for me.... sorry for the rant had to get it out just easier on here...
countrymom 07:57 AM 09-05-2012
Hugs and we all have been in your shoes.
cheerfuldom 09:25 AM 09-05-2012
I dont conduct interviews during business hours....always after hours. The parents dont need to see who is coming and going as far as potential clients and the kids dont need strangers around them either.
Meeko 09:49 AM 09-05-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I dont conduct interviews during business hours....always after hours. The parents dont need to see who is coming and going as far as potential clients and the kids dont need strangers around them either.
This!
Heidi 12:18 PM 09-05-2012
First of all-hang in there! Next week will look a lot better without the cryer!

I also try to avoid interviews during daycare hours, but sometimes that's the only thing that works for prospective clients. If there is any chance that parents will come-and-go during that time, I tell them ahead of time. Then, I introduce them when they come.

This is so-and-so (first names). Her son M has been with me since last February.

DCM, this is (first name) she is considering having her daughter, first name, come here".

I almost always get an immediate reference that way. Something like "oh, we love it here" or along those lines.
Reply Up