Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Caring For After School Child On A Day They Don't Have School...
DaycareMom 08:52 AM 10-29-2015
I have a 6 yo who I usually only have after school. Originally I had her 4 days/ week (monday-Thursday) and now I only have her 2 days/week (Wednesday-Thursday) since dcm started working from home. I never lowered her price when she went down to 2 days and dcm was fine with that.
Now, we have a couple of days that she will not be in school and will come to my house all day (Wednesday nov 11 and Wednesday nov 25). Do I charge her more for the full day or just leave it?

I'm not sure what to do. TYIA for any help/ suggestions.
mommyneedsadayoff 09:04 AM 10-29-2015
I would charge a full day rate. It covers the cost of food and supplies. The regular schedule has nothing to do with it, imo. Many daycares require you pay a full SA rate whether they come one or four days. If she is only using two days, that is her choice, but it doesn't mean you should have to give her a deal for a full day of care. (I am assuming she is only with you for a few hours after school, versus a full 8-10 hours on the full days). So if she was using 4 days, two hours a day, it was 8 hours each week. Now she is only using 2 days, so 4 hours each week. Two full days of care is anywhere from 16-20 hours. I would charge the full day rate for each day + the regular rate you charge for school days. Hope that makes sense

I reread this and just want to clarify that i don't mean you should charge her the school rate plus a ful day rate for the day she comes all day. I meant that you should charge a full day rate the day she comes all day and then the school rate fro the days it is after school care. Sorry if my post was confusing! Not enough caffeine today!
Unregistered 09:15 AM 10-29-2015
I charge the difference for the day.
Example $10/day after school care; $25/day for full day - I charge the extra $15
mommyneedsadayoff 09:27 AM 10-29-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Example $10/day after school care; $25/day for full day - I charge the extra $15
this is what I was trying to say in my above post, but you said it much more easily than me!
daycarediva 09:27 AM 10-29-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This is the same way I bill them, too. My rates are 17.50/day for b&a school care. So an additonal $17.50 for each day off.

I charge the FULL M-F sa rate regardless of attendance. I would just invoice her for the difference. If it isn't in your contract, add it in there. I have a contract just for SA. It stipulates additional charges for 2 hour delays, half days, and full days off from school. My parents have it down pat and add them in accordingly now.
Unregistered 09:31 AM 10-29-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
this is what I was trying to say in my above post, but you said it much more easily than me!
Lol
Reply Up