Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mondays!
hwichlaz 07:56 AM 07-24-2017
I got a box of cardboard building blocks in my monthly themed toy box. I sat and assembled all 24 of them on Saturday. This morning, 2 yo destructo girl comes in...starts trying to open them all up.

SIGH, no good deed goes unpunished.
Blackcat31 08:17 AM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I got a box of cardboard building blocks in my monthly themed toy box. I sat and assembled all 24 of them on Saturday. This morning, 2 yo destructo girl comes in...starts trying to open them all up.

SIGH, no good deed goes unpunished.
That's exactly what my kiddos did with them too.

I finally wrapped mine in clear packing tape so they are entirely taped shut and unopenable.

I'm sorry...I know exactly how you feel...
hwichlaz 08:20 AM 07-24-2017
Great idea. I only have contact paper on hand and it's too easy to peel up, so I'll get packing tape after swim lessons this afternoon.

GRRRR!

It's just this one child. I've had her since she was teensy, and her parents are awesome. She's just a super intense kid. I've had to change the way I run my entire program to keep her out of trouble. It's been a challenge, but I keep her because her family is so great to work with. And I feel like I'm growing as a provider because of her.
Leigh 08:34 AM 07-24-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That's exactly what my kiddos did with them too.

I finally wrapped mine in clear packing tape so they are entirely taped shut and unopenable.

I'm sorry...I know exactly how you feel...

I have tons of packing tape and 3M Book Tape to protect things-the book tape is quite thick and does a good job with more fragile stuff!
Josiegirl 09:06 AM 07-24-2017
I finally got rid of mine because the kiddos were so destructive with them, in every way.
laundrymom 11:12 AM 07-24-2017
Today is my first day after terming my child like this. It's odd how easy today has been. I dont have to say "will G be able to hurt anyone with this toy" prior to setting it in the play area.
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Great idea. I only have contact paper on hand and it's too easy to peel up, so I'll get packing tape after swim lessons this afternoon.

GRRRR!

It's just this one child. I've had her since she was teensy, and her parents are awesome. She's just a super intense kid. I've had to change the way I run my entire program to keep her out of trouble. It's been a challenge, but I keep her because her family is so great to work with. And I feel like I'm growing as a provider because of her.

hwichlaz 12:11 PM 07-24-2017
These are part of the Super Hero Themed toys from MotherGooseTime. So I'm going to add packing tape, and only bring them out during preschool activities. They'll go back in the theme box afterward. Until she's matured a bit more.
flying_babyb 06:13 PM 07-24-2017
I used colored and pattened duct tape. Kept them nice and kept the kids from playing Christmas. My group liked to open them, hide stuff and shut them. They just dont stand up to that kind of treatment!
Tags:cardboard boxes, mondays
Reply Up