Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>At What Point Do You Call For Pick Up
Ac114 10:02 AM 08-06-2018
When you have a 6 year old going into first grade tantruming because they refused to listen to you so you made them lay down for quiet time. I usually let the older kids play puzzles, legos or any quiet activity and now that he’s on 30 minutes of wailing and woke up all my babies, I’m pretty ticked off to say the least.
daycarediva 10:06 AM 08-06-2018
I would be on the phone.

He has two choices at rest time- listen or lay down.

Tantrum at 6? Oh heeeellll no.
Ac114 10:09 AM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would be on the phone.

He has two choices at rest time- listen or lay down.

Tantrum at 6? Oh heeeellll no.
This is exactly how I feel. It’s a sticky situation because it’s a friend but this child is so over coddled it’s insane.
Blackcat31 12:11 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
This is exactly how I feel. It’s a sticky situation because it’s a friend but this child is so over coddled it’s insane.
Friends don’t let friends suffer the fall out from THEIR bad parenting

Josiegirl 02:54 PM 08-06-2018
When you have a 6 year old going into first grade tantruming because they refused to listen to you so you made them lay down for quiet time. I usually let the older kids play puzzles, legos or any quiet activity and now that he’s on 30 minutes of wailing and woke up all my babies, I’m pretty ticked off to say the least.
Did you call for pick-up? How did it go?
Must be something in the air because today was the closest I've ever come to tell a parent to pick up. I sent dcm some texts to give her a head's up that her dd was having an extra rough day and she asked if I wanted her to come pick her up. I almost said yes but was thinking 'won't that set a precedent if dck wants to go home'? Isn't that what a dck would want anyways? Sure, it would've made my day easier but I don't want to start something like that.
I couldn't even get her to sit down and cool down(time out) unless I wanted to physically restrain her. Tomorrow she can play by herself.
Ac114 06:02 AM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Did you call for pick-up? How did it go?
Must be something in the air because today was the closest I've ever come to tell a parent to pick up. I sent dcm some texts to give her a head's up that her dd was having an extra rough day and she asked if I wanted her to come pick her up. I almost said yes but was thinking 'won't that set a precedent if dck wants to go home'? Isn't that what a dck would want anyways? Sure, it would've made my day easier but I don't want to start something like that.
I couldn't even get her to sit down and cool down(time out) unless I wanted to physically restrain her. Tomorrow she can play by herself.
I sent mom a text who was 2 hours away at a work meeting. Apparently they got home at 1am from their flight from Florida and she couldn’t miss this meeting or she would have just stayed home knowing he was tired. Grandma usually picks up but she had his cousin and she can’t handle cousin and him. She refuses to watch them both because of how bad they both are. So dad came around 5, several hours after the incident.
Cat Herder 06:05 AM 08-07-2018
So dad came around 5, several hours after the incident.
What consequence did his parents give him for his behavior?

I hope it was not just the excuse. "he was tired"

Ac114 08:20 AM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
What consequence did his parents give him for his behavior?

I hope it was not just the excuse. "he was tired"

None. He doesn’t receive consequences EVER. It’s everyone else’s fault as to why he acts the he does. Mom threw a hissy fit and freaked out on the teacher when he was sent to the office in kinder. She said he doesn’t know better. ��
Cat Herder 08:29 AM 08-07-2018
None. He doesn’t receive consequences EVER. It’s everyone else’s fault as to why he acts the he does. Mom threw a hissy fit and freaked out on the teacher when he was sent to the office in kinder. She said he doesn’t know better. ��
Ridiculous. Hope she has a great savings account for bail later.

For you: Just a laugh : https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6541&FORM=VIRE
amberrose3dg 08:47 AM 08-07-2018
Next time have him picked up within 1 hour of behavior or terminate immediately. If parents want him to get away with his bad behavior they have to deal with the consequences not you!
Cat Herder 08:52 AM 08-07-2018
This one is so awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdD...ature=youtu.be

Your DCM would qualify as IABYF
CityGarden 10:12 PM 08-07-2018
I think for the sake of your friendship I would find a way to stop providing care (when there is not an issue) because if this was not the tipping point for you it surely will come.

SA care is very different than family child care or an in home preschool, there are several reasons I am happy to not take SA kids and this is well mannered SA kids.... this one is not even that.
Ac114 06:01 AM 08-08-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I think for the sake of your friendship I would find a way to stop providing care (when there is not an issue) because if this was not the tipping point for you it surely will come.

SA care is very different than family child care or an in home preschool, there are several reasons I am happy to not take SA kids and this is well mannered SA kids.... this one is not even that.
This is his last week THANKFULLY. He goes to a different school than what the bus route is for my house so I don’t have to provide before and after school care for her. His grandparents gave me a small personal loan in exchange for childcare services for him because grandma was watching him and she couldn’t do it everyday. It was starting to effect her health so I’m kind of stuck for next summer. 😩😩😩
amberrose3dg 06:05 AM 08-08-2018
This is his last week THANKFULLY. He goes to a different school than what the bus route is for my house so I don’t have to provide before and after school care for her. His grandparents gave me a small personal loan in exchange for childcare services for him because grandma was watching him and she couldn’t do it everyday. It was starting to effect her health so I’m kind of stuck for next summer. 😩😩😩
Oh no
Tags:call for a pickup, consequences, parenting goals, pick up issues, sent home, sent home - bad behaviour, tantrum, working with friends
Reply Up