Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Hard Is It to Switch Child Management Software?
Baaabaluu 11:56 AM 08-31-2018
There are so many to choose from (Procare, Kindertales, Tadpoles, HiMama... the list goes on). Has anyone switched from one to another and how hard is it to do? Are there data loss issues? Are there extra hidden fees?
Michael 01:55 PM 08-31-2018
I would think that the databases would be incompatible. There may be some software that allow for conversion but you would need to find out. What are you using now and what software do you want to move over to?
CityGarden 10:35 AM 09-01-2018
Welcome to the forum!

No two childcare softwares are built exactly the same and I would assume you could not easily transfer between the different programs. Keep in mind the different programs/apps/etc. are competition for each other so they have no benefit to making it easy for you to transition your information between programs easy.

Each programs fees are different as well.

My advice is to choose wisely at the start and maybe do a trial/pilot of your top two or three. Really think about:

Many of the softwares will do only some of the items above really well... so once you know what you need/want the software to "do" then you will have a better starting point.

I tried out Seesaw, Tadpoles and Brightwheel.... all had their pros and cons.
Baaabaluu 06:09 AM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
I would think that the databases would be incompatible. There may be some software that allow for conversion but you would need to find out. What are you using now and what software do you want to move over to?
We're not sure yet. I wanted to understand how locked in we would be if we chose one and then didn't like it or couldn't afford it at some point. The only software I have experienced was Tadpoles, which they use at Bright Horizons where my daughter went.
Baaabaluu 06:11 AM 09-04-2018
Thanks! I like the idea of trialing - we wouldn't want to get stuck with a difficult system.
CityGarden 01:15 PM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by Baaabaluu:
Thanks! I like the idea of trialing - we wouldn't want to get stuck with a difficult system.
I don't find any of the systems difficult but I think the benefits of doing a trial is that you can see how you like using them on a day to day basis also you will learn what you want them to actually do for your business. It was not an overnight trial for me I tried all three for at least a month.

For me I liked all three I tried but some functions more than others and it helped me define what I wanted out of the program. Knowing what I wanted most (and what I would be consistent with) helped me a ton.
Tags:software for daycares
Reply Up