Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hasta la Vista
CityGarden 12:52 PM 09-02-2018
My first enrolled dcb celebrated his last day with my this past Friday. He has been with me two year and I will miss his affection, hugs, sense of wonder, natural curiosity. He is so animated that I know his every emotion all the time!

That said, I will not miss the interaction his has with the other kids in my program since he is so physical and rough. I especially will not miss DCM who always ask for special treatment...... special 4-day rate, trying to haggle my vacation days, asking if I could fold dcb into my family vacation some of the days, etc. so hasta la vista! We ended on what I think are great terms and DCB will spend his last year before Kindergarten in a large center that is open 7AM - 6PM (it is significantly more cost effective and works with dcm's work schedule much better).

We went to the local ice cream shop with two of his buddies from my program, the parents, my daughter and dcb's nanny all for some yummy ice cream/end of summer fun! DCB made good bye notes (coloring on paper) for his friends and gave them a small gift good bye) and I gave him a gift + a gift for DCM & DCD (good bye note and Oh the Places You'll Go book with instructions for future teachers.)

They are neighbors so I will see them around town. This is the first child to leave my program that I know I will miss but the idea of not having to have a business relationship with DCM is such a relief.
Unregistered 07:21 PM 09-16-2018
Nice obligation for his future teachers.
Tags:bad fit, neighbors as clients
Reply Up