Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Becoming Unlicensed
Pandaluver21 10:21 AM 01-26-2019
So for various reasons, I will be just taking 1-2 kiddo's plus tutoring for a previous kiddo. I am able to have 4 children and be unlicensed.
I'm not sure who to tell or what I need to do. I have had 5 licensors over the last 6 months, so I'm not even sure who my current one is...
My license would need "renewed" in March, so I figure now is as good of time as any to let them know
Ariana 12:33 AM 01-27-2019
Can you just wait until it runs out in March and not renew. I habe a feeling they might contact you at that point.
CityGarden 10:04 AM 01-27-2019
I would call the most recent licensor and ask who is your current licensor then inform them you will no longer be providing service that requires a license and ask the process to opt out now or to let it naturally expire.
sammie 08:20 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
So for various reasons, I will be just taking 1-2 kiddo's plus tutoring for a previous kiddo. I am able to have 4 children and be unlicensed.
I'm not sure who to tell or what I need to do. I have had 5 licensors over the last 6 months, so I'm not even sure who my current one is...
My license would need "renewed" in March, so I figure now is as good of time as any to let them know
I am in CO also. On your renewal notice there is a place to mark that you no longer wish to renew your license. Just fill that out and send it in. (That is what my neighbor did when she retired last year.)
Pandaluver21 09:25 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by sammie:
I am in CO also. On your renewal notice there is a place to mark that you no longer wish to renew your license. Just fill that out and send it in. (That is what my neighbor did when she retired last year.)
I haven't gotten one. They have my license so messed up I don't even know if they know what date I was licensed. (some things say as far back as 2001.... I was in high school in 2001 :P)
sammie 09:49 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I haven't gotten one. They have my license so messed up I don't even know if they know what date I was licensed. (some things say as far back as 2001.... I was in high school in 2001 :P)
That wouldn't surprise me!!

By chance did you keep a copy of your renewal notice from last year? On there at the top it will show what your anniversay date is.

My current one shows my renewal date is 2/1/19 with the notice date of 11/1/18 ( I received my renewal paperwork at the beginning of November). I sent in my renewal paperwork in December and still haven't received my new sticker for this year....they move at a snail's pace.
Gemma 10:26 AM 01-28-2019
If I could watch 4 kids legally unlicensed, I would drop my license in a heartbeat!
Tags:expired license, legally unlicensed
Reply Up