Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Reduce Days?
CityGarden 10:11 AM 02-01-2019
In Fall I plan to switch to Monday-Thursday enrollment only but thru a series of changes in schedules with my current dcks I now have all PT kids enrolled Tuesday/Wednesday Thursday except one. This leaves my enrollment on Monday and Friday to one dck, and it happens to be the dck I like the least.... (she is my only dcks who arrives in the wrong attire, is often sickly but parents swear it’s allergies, forgets lunch, etc.)

I offered this family the option of switching based on being the only child on Monday & Friday but DCM (who is a SAHM) declined and said they already have plans on (T/TH) their off days.

In Fall I planned to switch to Monday-Thursday enrollment only would you give 30 notice of the schedule change now? This would likely force them to change at least one of their days giving me Friday off each week!

or

Would you honor the days they initially enrolled for and just suck up two days with dcg solo?
Cat Herder 10:14 AM 02-01-2019
You already know what you want to do. I don't even know the kid and I want to.

Do what is best for your family, they will do what is best for theirs.
CityGarden 10:32 AM 02-01-2019
Yes I know what I want to do but I’m not sure it’s the right thing to do...

I’ve always tried to run my program like a commercial business but this time it’s so tempting to switch.
kendallina 10:34 AM 02-01-2019
I would give 2 weeks (or 30 days if that's in your contact) notice and close on Fridays! Especially since she's a SAHM AND they're not an awesome family to work with.
lovemykidstoo 10:34 AM 02-01-2019
Oh yes I would boot him right off of Fridays. This gives them tons of time to reschedule whatever it is that they have going. So how many days does he come? Mom doesn't work at all outside the home? I used to work 4 days a week and it was heaven!!!!
Cat Herder 10:56 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Yes I know what I want to do but I’m not sure it’s the right thing to do...

I’ve always tried to run my program like a commercial business but this time it’s so tempting to switch.
Commercial businesses and corporations both reorganize all.the.time.

Just follow your notification policy and you're done.

You simply are not profitable on Fridays with only one client, it isn't personal.
rosieteddy 01:55 PM 02-01-2019
SAHM you should have no guilt.When its convenient for Parents they make it work.I would defiantly give whatever notice you have set in your contract. Friday is the day to take off.The first 4 day weekend will be heaven.Be strong the previous posters line about not cost effective for one child is perfect if parent pushes.I did just that years ago it was awesome I could food shop,see Dr or Dentist all kinds of errands .I visited my own elderly parents every other week it was the best schedule I ever had .You will not be sorry.
Snowmom 02:04 PM 02-01-2019
If in the same situation:
I always do what's best for ME and MY business.

I would make the switch now and wouldn't give it a second thought.
Josiegirl 02:12 PM 02-01-2019
Oh yes yes a thousand times yes I would in a heartbeat!! Now. Asap.
Tags:reduced days, reorganization
Reply Up