Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mom's Perfume
lovemykidstoo 05:40 AM 07-16-2019
I have a mom that I swear bathes in her perfume. Her child (14 months) also smells of it. She comes in carrying him and then I take him from her and then I smell like her perfume that's how strong it is. I have said numerous times, oh he smells like your perfume etc. I swear it makes me gag that early in the morning!
Cat Herder 06:54 AM 07-16-2019
"DCM, I need you to apply your perfume after drop-off. I have a child in care who is hypersensitive to fragrance and it has become a problem. Thanks in advance." - client

Or

"Dear lord lady, what are you trying to cover up!!! Cough, Cough" - bestie

Your choice.
lovemykidstoo 07:33 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
"DCM, I need you to apply your perfume after drop-off. I have a child in care who is hypersensitive to fragrance and it has become a problem. Thanks in advance." - client

Or

Your choice.

I wonder what she's trying to cover too. I know she used to smoke, not sure if she still does. Usually you can tell if it's to cover up smoke because you can still smell the smoke usually. I mean I guess I do get the benefit of wearing $140 Coco Chanel without paying for it lol I flat out told her that he smells exactly like her and she just chuckles ugh
Cat Herder 07:47 AM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I wonder what she's trying to cover too. I know she used to smoke, not sure if she still does. Usually you can tell if it's to cover up smoke because you can still smell the smoke usually. I mean I guess I do get the benefit of wearing $140 Coco Chanel without paying for it lol I flat out told her that he smells exactly like her and she just chuckles ugh
Someone is going to have to come out and tell her it is too much. Instead of "he smells like you" (taken as a complement to her) try "He reeks of strong perfume and it is overwhelming for the rest of the group." (not so complimentary). You can soften as needed, but it needs to be said.

Often, just telling her to do it after drop-off or find another provider is the best resort.
AmyKidsCo 01:34 PM 07-16-2019

Or

Your choice.
Love those! I have a dad like that, and I'm the one with sensitivities. Most days I can hold my breath or breathe shallowly enough until he leaves. But a reminder is going in next month's newsletter.
lovemykidstoo 01:53 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Love those! I have a dad like that, and I'm the one with sensitivities. Most days I can hold my breath or breathe shallowly enough until he leaves. But a reminder is going in next month's newsletter.
This ladies is so bad thought that my shirt smells like it just from carrying the child from the door to the living room.
LysesKids 05:29 PM 07-17-2019

Or

Your choice.
I had a policy that forbid fragrances of any kind... detergent, perfume, aftershave etc (thanks to another longtime member who had same policy); it's my workplace & I am allergic to many fragrances. My Home, My rules... I did end up terminating a few families for refusing to follow after 2 warnings, not to mention not enrolling quite a few others. Migraines & asthma attacks are not something I want to deal with if I have kids in care
LostMyMarbles 09:06 AM 07-18-2019

Or

Your choice.
Omg! Coffee just came out my nose. That’s the best thing I have read all day. Thank you CH
Tags:fragrance, perfume
Reply Up