Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Deposit For *Possible* Spot?
newtodaycare22 11:07 AM 04-24-2012
I may have an opening in August...I'm about 90% sure I will. A 4 yo is taking a test to go to kindergarten and I know he's ready (I taught kindergarten in the county). Someone is interviewing on Thursday and I told her I may have a spot. She said she'll put down a deposit just in case if she wants the girl here.

So...do I take the deposit and just refund if I don't have the opening? Feels odd. lol
daycare 11:11 AM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
I may have an opening in August...I'm about 90% sure I will. A 4 yo is taking a test to go to kindergarten and I know he's ready (I taught kindergarten in the county). Someone is interviewing on Thursday and I told her I may have a spot. She said she'll put down a deposit just in case if she wants the girl here.

So...do I take the deposit and just refund if I don't have the opening? Feels odd. lol
yes... I would have them sign a deposit agreement and make the understand that it is NOT refundable unless for some reason YOU cannot give them the spot. In that case, I would inform them as soon as possible and give them a full refund.

I would be telling the other family of the 4 year old that you need a full 30day notice if they are going to term./
Tags:deposits, holding spot, potential client
Reply Up