Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Craigslist Ad
Danielle 11:58 AM 03-18-2011
I was wondering if you ladies would mind looking over my craigslist ad and give me suggestions on changes. I also would love help on an eye catching title. Thanks!

Hello moms and dads! I am a mother of two and I am looking to add to my home daycare. Here is a little about me and what I have to offer:

* Low ratios; so your child/children get the care and attention they need and deserve!
* Fenced in back yard for sun, fresh air, exercise and just good old fun.
* We love music, dancing, crafts and learning.
* Up to date on breastfeeding and handling mother's liquid gold.
* Cloth diaper friendly.
* Nutritious meals
* Homework help
* Years of experience in childcare
* Flexible hours
* In the **school names** district

Email me for more information and/or to set up an interview. References and background check available by request.
daycare 12:02 PM 03-18-2011
That all sounds good to me I would maybe add in their the hours and days that you have open. is it p/t f/t??
do you have any pets
also, are you licensed? what certs do you have if any
i have a lot of people ask me if I smoke so i always make it a point to advertise from a smoke/pet free home.

when you say meals which ones do you offer??
Danielle 12:12 PM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
That all sounds good to me I would maybe add in their the hours and days that you have open. is it p/t f/t??
do you have any pets
also, are you licensed? what certs do you have if any
i have a lot of people ask me if I smoke so i always make it a point to advertise from a smoke/pet free home.

when you say meals which ones do you offer??
Thanks!
I'll add my typical hours. It's for f/t or p/t. We do have pets. I need to get my CPR cert renewed so I don't want to advertise that. I'm not licensed. Meals-breakfast, lunch, 2 snacks.
SilverSabre25 12:46 PM 03-18-2011
To limit the number of bullet points I would put the breastfeeding and cloth diapering info on the same line (that's what I do anyway, lol). Instead of a semi-colon in the first line I would use two dashes (--) or a regular colon. I would add the word "included" to the line about meals.

For a title, I usually have the best luck with titles that mention that meals are included, how many openings, whether the openings are immediate, stuff like that. "1 Immediate Opening; Meals Included!!" got a bunch of responses recently, as did, "Need 2 friends to join our fun, active daycare! Meals included!"
ninosqueridos 06:32 PM 03-18-2011
Your ad looks great!

I would remove the semicolon in the first bullet. And this is silly, but I would make backyard one word.

Good luck!!
Abigail 09:51 PM 03-18-2011
I would add the age ranges you will accept. Infant care is hard to find here so if someone advertises for infant openings i'm sure they will fill fast.
WImom 06:36 AM 03-19-2011
I think it looks great. I agree to add the hours.
Tags:advertise, craigs list
Reply Up