Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I SERIOUSLY Can't Take it Anymore
Hunni Bee 10:25 AM 06-04-2012
I can't take working at my center anymore. I am SO over the lying, the pettiness, the he-said she-said, all the drama.

Im sick of the rules only applying to certain staff, parents, and children. Im sick of being expected to lie and cover up for things knowingly done wrong. Im sick of serious, actual problems being swept under the rug while I'm taken to task constantly over the most minor things.

I really can't afford to quit and Im in the middle of being certified. If it weren't for that I'd honestly walk out the door today.

My kids are also really acting up, which is making things no easier. I know it's partly to do with the fact that they can tell Im not happy. I know it isn't fair for them to be saddled with someone who doesn't want to be here, so im trying my best to pull out of it.

I just really need to vent....right now Im just waiting for the next "issue" I'll get a talking-to about
Sugar Magnolia 11:40 AM 06-04-2012
Arg Hunni Bee! Breaks my heart to hear you continue to have problems. Hang in there....is there no other centers hiring in your area? I hope you get your cda soon! You should be running that place! I would seriously tell your director that you are miserable and see if she remotely tries to offer solutions. How many other.workers have a cda? That is GOLD and she should be doing everything it takes to keep you happy! ((((hugs and I still wish you were my employee))))
Blackcat31 11:42 AM 06-04-2012
Aww, Hunni Bee....(((((hugs))))) to you!!! I so wish I had advice for you but I don't.

Just know that there are people here who genuinely care and wish better for you.

Vent whenever you need!!
Crystal 12:10 PM 06-04-2012
Bummer....sorry you are dealing with so much.

Have you ever thought of opening your own program?
DaisyMamma 12:15 PM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Bummer....sorry you are dealing with so much.

Have you ever thought of opening your own program?
Do it! Bring on my own is the best.
But instead of dealing with emplyers and drama with staff you are dealing with parents trying to take advantage.
I worked at a center before and its like being in high school, lots of drama and gossip.

I think you said you were using them to get your cda before you walk? Hang in there! It won't be forever.
Hunni Bee 02:34 PM 06-04-2012
Thank you ladies. I knew I'd find support here.

To answer your question Crystal, yes I totally plan on doing my own. That's why Im trying to get as certified and educated as possible

I feel better now. I just felt like I couldn't stand another second of it.
sharlan 02:55 PM 06-04-2012
Hugs

That is why I would never work with women, they're too petty.
Heidi 03:08 PM 06-04-2012
Just wait! You will get your certification....then you can tell them all that you are voting YOURSELF off the island!
Countrygal 03:16 PM 06-04-2012
So sorry you have to put up with all of that. I've worked in some pretty petty jobs, but I have always let them know that I would NEVER lie. If they had something they wanted to cover up they'd have to do their own lying. And I never have (to my knowledge ). And I never lost a job over standing my ground, either.

Hang in there. Lots of big {{{{HUGS}}}} and pretty soon you'll be able to leave! Use them for your own purposes and then leave. Sounds nasty, but sometimes you just have to look at it like that.
Happy Hearts 03:53 PM 06-04-2012
Most anywhere you work and there are people, it will suck. Backstabbing, gossip and cliques have been there at all ALL my jobs and my church. I used to get sucked into it.... but now, I just sit back and watch the nonsense. I'm currently working at a grocery store (54 employees) as a cashier and some of the drama there is pretty intense.

I vowed not to get involved with anything like that, take sides, become facebook friends, or have any opinions about anything when I started there. I listen to everyone, have empathy for their 'stuff' and I always ask how their day is going. Each one of them thinks that I absolutely like them. For instance, the meat manager's name is Todd. If I happen to see him, I say, "Hi Hot Toddy, whatcha been up to?" And guess what.... it's worked out great!!!! Everyone loves me, everyone trusts me, and I have never had a negative feeling about anyone there, ever.

And trust me, there is alot of drama there. Who got promoted, who's not doing their share, who's dating who, who got drunk at the party, who failed the secret shopper, the list goes on and on.

My point is that anywhere you work, it will be that way. Don't let it get to you or affect you. You can be above it all

Good luck in your endeavours!
Reply Up