Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playpen Storage? Creative Ideas
Lorna 06:39 AM 09-18-2013
All my daycare kids are in playpens. Right now where we are renting I have an extra bedroom where I have 5 playpens setup on two walls. We are planning on moving and might have one room for daycare playing and sleeping. Taking playpens up and down is a pain. Anyone find a creative way to store them. Thinking maybe with something flat inbetween maybe I could stack them. Anyone find a creative way to store them when they arne't in use?
SilverSabre25 06:45 AM 09-18-2013
Switching to cots?

It really depends on the ages of your kids and the amount of space. Keeping a couple playpens set up for the youngest kids to be popped into when you need to dash out of the room, or to play in when tensions run high in the room isn't a bad thing. But of course it depends on your space.

Many people switch kids to cots by age 18 months.
melilley 11:20 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Switching to cots?

It really depends on the ages of your kids and the amount of space. Keeping a couple playpens set up for the youngest kids to be popped into when you need to dash out of the room, or to play in when tensions run high in the room isn't a bad thing. But of course it depends on your space.

Many people switch kids to cots by age 18 months.
Kids do amazingly well on cots. When I worked at a center, when the babies turned one (sometimes a month or two after) and were walking and in the toddler room, they were transitioned to a cot or mat. In the 14 years that have worked in a center, we never had a problem with it. Parents were even amazed!
Michelle 11:24 AM 09-18-2013
yes, I think stacking up 5 playpens sounds scary..
I transition 18 months and older onto cots and it works well.
we just sit next to them and rub their backs, sing and soothe them. they sleep better on cots
Lorna 12:40 PM 09-18-2013
We had beds in the room before and I had a heck of a time getting them to stay in the bed. I found the kids were getting up and finding toys to play with and disturbing each other. Right now most of the kids are around 18 months. So might be an idea to try finding cots. Maybe I'll check out some prices.
Tags:storage
Reply Up