Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You "Babysit" PT?
BrynleeJean 06:27 AM 02-10-2018
my home daycares been closed for about a year now, i closed it because i was feeling some post part feeling after my son and wanted to be out and about more or whatever.

Ill be opening a home daycare again the fall with an assistant and just ended my PT job at a local center so I'm bored and so is my son.

I was thinking Id put out an ad to watch a few kids PT tuesdays and thurdays until the fall, I'm pregnant now and thats the reason I'm not going full blast on my daycare plans.
Homebody 07:00 AM 02-10-2018
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean:
my home daycares been closed for about a year now, i closed it because i was feeling some post part feeling after my son and wanted to be out and about more or whatever.

Ill be opening a home daycare again the fall with an assistant and just ended my PT job at a local center so I'm bored and so is my son.

I was thinking Id put out an ad to watch a few kids PT tuesdays and thurdays until the fall, I'm pregnant now and thats the reason I'm not going full blast on my daycare plans.
That's all I have right now is part timers. I didn't plan it that way, but I do advertise full time and part time and there is a lot of need for part time care in my area. I kind of like it, as everyday is different. I do have a full time infant starting in March though, so that will be a boost to our income.

I say go for it, especially since you are pregnant. That way you don't get overwhelmed.
Ariana 06:17 AM 02-11-2018
As long as you are upfront with everything I also say go for it! Advertise it as socialization for little ones.

I also do strictly part time and I advertise it as a great way for kids who are at home to get some social time and also great for work at home parents or part time workers who need time to work. It has been working pretty well for me for 8 years.
Homebody 08:30 AM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
As long as you are upfront with everything I also say go for it! Advertise it as socialization for little ones.

I also do strictly part time and I advertise it as a great way for kids who are at home to get some social time and also great for work at home parents or part time workers who need time to work. It has been working pretty well for me for 8 years.
I'm curious, where do you advertise for your part timers? I would love to eventually be open only four days a week, so I can have more alone time with my kids. I've tried advertising in the past for part time care any day Monday through Thursday, but I never got any responses.
Tags:babysitting, unlicensed - texas
Reply Up