Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rate Increse
little.angels 12:05 AM 01-31-2020
Does anyone have a sample letter or notice to families of rate increase? I want to increase my rates and not sure how to go about rate increase announcement. I need this increase to cover employee payroll increase.
Michael 12:28 AM 01-31-2020
Welcome to the forum. Here are some threads regarding price increase letters: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ncrease+letter
Snowmom 06:24 AM 01-31-2020
Originally Posted by little.angels:
Does anyone have a sample letter or notice to families of rate increase? I want to increase my rates and not sure how to go about rate increase announcement. I need this increase to cover employee payroll increase.
I write up an addendum on my letterhead.
The last one started like this:

Daycare Name

Family Account:
Enrolled Child:
Current Contract Type: Full Time
Current Rate:

This document is in reference to the Parent Handbook/Contract, initially signed and dated in 2018 and renewed annually, between the parties that are named above in this document. The following modifications will be made.

1. Modification Item: Weekly Rate Change
Due to the rising costs of groceries, supplies and utilities, there will be a cost of living increase applied to the family account listed above.
The weekly rate for this account will be increasing by $12/child, per week. This rate increase will take effect starting Monday, January 6th, 2020. Please keep your rate confidential as your rate may differ from others due to your individual contracted schedule.

New Weekly Rate: $

Signatures:

Unregistered 05:58 AM 02-04-2020
I send out a new tuition sheet along with a letter stating that effective on X date that their tuition will be increasing to $X per (week, day, etc.). I give at least 30 days notice.
Tags:contract - rates, contract - renewal, letter samples, rate increase letter
Reply Up