Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2019, 01:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Fever After Nap... What Would You Do?

I had a kiddo that wasn't feeling like himself today. He wanted to rest (not like him), but no other symptoms. Since it was odd I took his temp when he asked to rest and I took his temp as soon as he woke up (we woke him while getting the rest of the group ready for nap). It was 101.7. I called mom for pick up, he fell back asleep, and it was 101.4 when she arrived. Both times I had taken it the second he got off his mat. Typically I would have waited a bit, but I couldn't tell what was going on with him and didn't want him moving around and sharing germs.

When they arrived home it was 99. I do believe mom and feel sort of bad for sending him home, but he obviously needed the rest (it isn't normal for one of my kiddos to fall asleep before scheduled nap).

In terms of tomorrow, my policy would usually be to keep him home. Mom already has back up care secured. I feel a little guilty keeping him out for a low grade temperature, but he was out yesterday and there are so many things going around and don't want to needlessly risk exposing the other kids.

Stick to my policy, right?

Tags
enforcing policies - consistency