Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Licensing Question in California
Unregistered 02:12 PM 08-31-2012
Does anyone know what this means? I'm in California and I just received a facility number and an analyst, but my application is still being processed. Does that mean I should be getting a call for the prelicensing visit really soon or at least from the fire Marshall?
Michael 02:14 PM 08-31-2012
You were most likely assigned a Licensing Agent. Sounds like they still need to do an on-site inspection.
daycare 02:29 PM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Does anyone know what this means? I'm in California and I just received a facility number and an analyst, but my application is still being processed. Does that mean I should be getting a call for the prelicensing visit really soon or at least from the fire Marshall?
very weird that they did it in that order...have you had your inspection yet with licensing?

also are you opening a small or large daycare??
busymomof2 02:56 PM 08-31-2012
I am from California as well. Due to major budget cuts everything moves slow here and they are short staffed. When I was going through the process, I applied in April and didn't get my license until August. Unfortunatley, licensing new homes is not a priority...complaints and invstigations come first for the few staff they have (understandable but frustrating to wait). I recieved my facilty # and was told who my analyst was before I got my site inspection or license. There is not a whole lot you can do but maybe leave a message for the analyst with a question. Some times the finger prints and back ground checks can take forever because Sacramento moves slow. Sorry can't be of more help. I would start advertising now. Title 22 allows for you to care for the kids of one family not related to you without being license. While you wait you can also put together your room, any preschool curriculum (is using), creating contracts, policy & procedures, go to yard sales & get supplies & toys, create blog or website, make flyers and go to the doctor (hard to do later). Good luck!
sharlan 02:56 PM 08-31-2012
Yes, that is how mine was done. You will be getting a call from the analyst. It could take up to 3 months, depending on where you are. I called my analyst because he took too long, IMHO.
MarinaVanessa 03:09 PM 08-31-2012
Sounds to me like all that you received is your facility number. I'm assuming that you're starting a small FCC because you're not really sure of the process so a fire marshal inspection isn't needed if that's the case (only large FCC's need a fire marshal inspection and you can't apply for that until you've had a small FCC license first).

At this point all you do is wait for your application to be processed. Once that happens they'll call you to set a date for your walk through inspection. Once you have your inspection and pass they'll issue you your license and as of that day you are able to tp provide chidcare services.

I'm on our county's childcare association board and we help providers through this process all of the time, I'm in Ventura county and we suggest (by our local licensing office's recommendation) is that the application be sent directly to your local licensing office ... not to Sacramento. If you send your application to Sacramento they just forward it to you local office anyway. Of course this is what our local office suggests and it sounds like you already sent your paperwork anyway but for others future reference it may be a good idea to call your licensing office first and ask if they will accept it directly instead of sending it to sacramento. I did it this way also and waited only 3 weeks for the call to schedule my home visit.
Unregistered 07:11 PM 08-31-2012
MariaVanessa, I sent my paperwork to the licensing agency directly with a money order and all.

Daycare, I am opening a large daycare.
Unregistered 07:15 PM 08-31-2012
MariaVanessa, prior to this I had a small family daycare for a year and a half. I recently moved and want to start a new large daycare in my new home. My previous one was with my cousin who lived with me. She stayed on that license.
Tags:california - regulations, inspection
Reply Up