Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ha! Ha! Ha! Sending Them Home The Same Way They Come In Here!!
Registered but logged out 11:51 AM 11-07-2012
Too Bad, So Sad!! I have 5 full-time daycare kids and I am soooo fed up with a few things!

I have decided this week to send the kids home in EXACTLY (if not worse than) the same condition they come to me in the morning!!! TIRED, CRANKY,TANTRUMS ETC, ETC, ETC!

I DON'T care if they have hockey or swimming tonight or if they have older brothers or sisters who skate or dance and they are at the arenas until 8 or 9 pm!!! That's just tough for you! You deal with your whiny cranky brat tonight at your 14 year olds hockey game because he is overtired!!

I am sick and tired of dealing with tired kids who can't play because they are too tired. They stand there and whine only for the sake of wanting constant attention because they are over tired! They tantrum if they can't get their own way or if you say no to something! I have one who tries to hit and kick me when he is tired! They kick and scream and fuss at nap time and are always waking up the ones who are well behaved and do have routines both here and at home!

Tuesday and today I did not put the 2 that I have problems with down for naps. These 2 require so much attention with the tantrums and screaming kicking fits that they take away so much of my time from the good kids............so............I put the good kids down at their normal time and leave these 2 up.

They LOVE TV though! This is the ONLY time they are quiet! They can sit for hours and watch TV.

My TV is only on during the time I make lunch for about 1/2 hour. It is hell in here by 11 30 and when I turn on the TV it is total silence!!!! They sit like zombies, spaced out with their mouths hanging open! So the past couple of days......watch TV for the time the little ones sleep! Lets see what happens. Call it an experiment if you will.

If they go home the same way in the evening as they are here all day maybe discipline, routines and bedtimes might change? Who knows? Lets just see because there is none of these at their homes. Maybe if the parents deal with this they will realize that the kids need SLEEP!

One of these daycare kids have a sister who left my care in September to go to school She started here when she was 2.5 and was EXACTLY the same as her brother is now. It took me 4 months to get her out of this behavior at my house. She still did it at home and still does but never here! I did have to put her and her brother who was a year old at the time to nap in the am 1/2 hour after they got here which was 7 30. They both slept until I woke them up at 9 30 so they slept 2 hours in the morning. By 1 30 they were both back to sleep until 330.

This daycare boy gets his behavior from watching the sister at home because it is the exact same thing. dcb is 2.5 now. His sister is having major issues at school and is tantruming and falling asleep in a corner at school!

If I put them down in the morning though they will immediately fall asleep and sleep 3-4 hours if I let them!!!!! If I wake them afer an hour or so they are still so cranky. There is no change in their behavior then they won't nap in the afternoon and will keep my others awake or wake them up as they can't be tired.

If I have to give up my break in the afternoon and this makes me to be on my feet for 11 strait hours the parents are not having a rosy night. many times I don't even get to eat lunch unless I am carrying it around with me while putting them back to bed!

I am so done!
providerandmomof4 12:28 PM 11-07-2012
Thank God my dck have a nap routine and haven't given me any trouble for a while. (Knock on wood-tehe) But for a while I contemplated doing exactly what your doing....I was just tired of struggling with them over the nap thing Luckily....they came around. Just waiting to start the whole process over when I get a new dck
littlemissmuffet 12:42 PM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by Registered but logged out:
Too Bad, So Sad!! I have 5 full-time daycare kids and I am soooo fed up with a few things!

I have decided this week to send the kids home in EXACTLY (if not worse than) the same condition they come to me in the morning!!! TIRED, CRANKY,TANTRUMS ETC, ETC, ETC!

I DON'T care if they have hockey or swimming tonight or if they have older brothers or sisters who skate or dance and they are at the arenas until 8 or 9 pm!!! That's just tough for you! You deal with your whiny cranky brat tonight at your 14 year olds hockey game because he is overtired!!

I am sick and tired of dealing with tired kids who can't play because they are too tired. They stand there and whine only for the sake of wanting constant attention because they are over tired! They tantrum if they can't get their own way or if you say no to something! I have one who tries to hit and kick me when he is tired! They kick and scream and fuss at nap time and are always waking up the ones who are well behaved and do have routines both here and at home!
Tuesday and today I did not put the 2 that I have problems with down for naps. These 2 require so much attention with the tantrums and screaming kicking fits that they take away so much of my time from the good kids............so............I put the good kids down at their normal time and leave these 2 up.

They LOVE TV though! This is the ONLY time they are quiet! They can sit for hours and watch TV.

My TV is only on during the time I make lunch for about 1/2 hour. It is hell in here by 11 30 and when I turn on the TV it is total silence!!!! They sit like zombies, spaced out with their mouths hanging open! So the past couple of days......watch TV for the time the little ones sleep! Lets see what happens. Call it an experiment if you will.

If they go home the same way in the evening as they are here all day maybe discipline, routines and bedtimes might change? Who knows? Lets just see because there is none of these at their homes. Maybe if the parents deal with this they will realize that the kids need SLEEP!

One of these daycare kids have a sister who left my care in September to go to school She started here when she was 2.5 and was EXACTLY the same as her brother is now. It took me 4 months to get her out of this behavior at my house. She still did it at home and still does but never here! I did have to put her and her brother who was a year old at the time to nap in the am 1/2 hour after they got here which was 7 30. They both slept until I woke them up at 9 30 so they slept 2 hours in the morning. By 1 30 they were both back to sleep until 330.

This daycare boy gets his behavior from watching the sister at home because it is the exact same thing. dcb is 2.5 now. His sister is having major issues at school and is tantruming and falling asleep in a corner at school!

If I put them down in the morning though they will immediately fall asleep and sleep 3-4 hours if I let them!!!!! If I wake them afer an hour or so they are still so cranky. There is no change in their behavior then they won't nap in the afternoon and will keep my others awake or wake them up as they can't be tired.

If I have to give up my break in the afternoon and this makes me to be on my feet for 11 strait hours the parents are not having a rosy night. many times I don't even get to eat lunch unless I am carrying it around with me while putting them back to bed!

I am so done!
I would simply send home right when they are exhibiting this behvaior. No way would I let a child act like that and actually keep them in care. Mom/dad can take them home and deal with it. They will be more inclined to get these kids under control if they have to miss work to keep picking them up!
itlw8 12:44 PM 11-07-2012
dgd spends a few nights here a week. she was in bed by 8 but behavior was not good in school. bedtime has been moved back to 7:30 and she is doing MUCH better. bus comes at 7:15 so we have to be up by 6;45 TO BE OUT THERE on time. sleep works wonders.
countrymom 12:44 PM 11-07-2012
good for you to send them home that way. But be prepared to be told that they were so good at night (ya right heard this one before) I'm sorry you are dealing with this nonsense. As for the tv, I have kids like this too, I can't believe how they will sit in silence and watch tv. I wish my own kids at that age would have sat and watched tv, oh wait no I don't because then they would have been bad lol!
Country Kids 12:49 PM 11-07-2012
I have a few that are up by 5:30-6:00 and the majority wake up on their own! Now they are starting to not nap for me and are going to bed about 8:00 at night. You can imagine what their days are like and no they won't even try to go back to sleep in the mornings.

We are talking as young as 2 are doing this!
cheerfuldom 01:00 PM 11-07-2012
I dont keep kids that cant get on our nap schedule. it is too much for me to deal with
heather 01:01 PM 11-08-2012
You are saying the parents do not put them to bed early enough and so they arrive to start the day already tired?
Have you mentioned this to the parents? It is not normal for a child to be so tired they would sleep 3-4 hours at 9:30 in the morning... this is a form of neglect IMO I feel sorry for those kids that are going to have trouble in school because they are tired. If the parents won't change their behaviour is there a social services you can contact where you live that would get involved?
Reply Up