Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Default Closing Daycare is Much Needed!

So I have been lurking, but wanted to say thanks I didn't feel so alone in this. But I started daycare license exempt and took a few kids to be inclusive to special needs kids. I have a massive background in high special medical needs. Any woo I am closing because great job opportunities for us, family needs more money, and my daycare parents can't get their **** together( $30 a day in late fees you would think they could be on time) and I haven't been able to replace. So it's come down to closing and being happier. I only have to work part time evenings instead of 60+hours. My parents are upset while I'm happy and excited. Will miss the kids but damn I have had some crazy parents. Any way wanted to happy dance some where without sideeye
Old 10-19-2015, 08:57 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So I have been lurking, but wanted to say thanks I didn't feel so alone in this. But I started daycare license exempt and took a few kids to be inclusive to special needs kids. I have a massive background in high special medical needs. Any woo I am closing because great job opportunities for us, family needs more money, and my daycare parents can't get their **** together( $30 a day in late fees you would think they could be on time) and I haven't been able to replace. So it's come down to closing and being happier. I only have to work part time evenings instead of 60+hours. My parents are upset while I'm happy and excited. Will miss the kids but damn I have had some crazy parents. Any way wanted to happy dance some where without sideeye
as we can all agree that the hardest thing about doing this job is the parents. AND I am not saying that in a bad way.

I said that if i ever find a bus load of orphans It will be my lucky pot of gold.

Welcome to the board, hope you enjoy your new job...
Old 10-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Congratulations! I hope is works out for you and your family. I am about to close too, due to a move. Iím planning on reopening in a new state. I am looking forward to the break.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Childcare Provider

Quote:
I'm happy for you, good luck!
Old 10-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Yay!!

I have been incredibly blessed from the get go to have good families and mostly teachers, or upper level white collar employees, so my days are shorter than most and I get lots of time off. If I had to work the hours that some providers work and never get the time off I want/ need, I wouldn't continue doing this either.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Daycare.com Member

Good for you!! So what is your new job?
Old 10-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

New job is a residential coordinator for high medical needs children in a, mostly I will train or schedule trainings and do the nursing schedule. I have multiple degrees, I could always branch out and try things.
Most of my families where special needs teachers themselves, or parents that were refered through the school. So it is still beyond me the amount of disrespect they show. Even today one parents mentioned that I don't know what I'm missing or how it is in the real world. So this is a much needed break

Tags
None