Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default A Funny...

At least I found it funny and on a day when I REALLY needed it too so here goes.

Everyday we go over our rules in a song and the kids sing it except for a 2yr old boy I have. He is very delayed and doesnt speak much. When he does it's hard to understand or jumbled. So anyway we sang the song about walking feet, helping hands, quiet voices, listening ears...etc. He did the motions and mummbled, he was trying harder to say the words today!

After circle time I allowed free play outside. DCG was running on the patio and I told her "walking feet on the pation honey u can run in the grass." Again she did it so I spoke up louder from across the yard "Walking Feet please!" Just then 2yr old DCB YELLS F**KING WHEAT! The kids stopped running and looked wide eyed with a gasp that sucked all the oxygen from the air!!! I too didnt laugh at 1st just stood there with my jaw in the grass! A little old man on the jogging trail along side of the yard cracked up laughing and said "just what are u teaching them over there?"

I finally closed my mouth and started lauging with the old guy he's a regular so he knew better. DCB and the kids see us laughing and laugh with us. I said yes DCB WWWWALKING FFFFEET! He is saying it better now but OH my what would the parents or a potential client think had they heard it? Anyway it's funny to me now but just a gasp at the moment.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:29 PM

LOL! Thats really cute!

When my ds was little, truck came out fruck, which sounded much more like what you said. So we're walking through the store and he yells,

I wanna Fruck

I about died!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen View Post
LOL! Thats really cute!

When my ds was little, truck came out fruck, which sounded much more like what you said. So we're walking through the store and he yells,

I wanna Fruck

I about died!
LOL I know a lil boy that had a Dad that was a "f*kdriver!" lol His Mom corrected him 1 day and said "no your Daddy is a TTRRRUCKER TR TR..." He said ohhh ... My dad is a F*ker. We tried to get him to say Daddy drives a big rig, after that!

In my case my Mother said just be happy I don't grow wheat in my garden
Old 07-15-2011, 08:45 PM

I had a kid who couldn't say "Dump Truck". Unfortunately, he liked Dump Trucks. A lot.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:12 PM

One of my kids used to say, when he wanted to go for a walk - "Go fock". The other one called frogs "focks".

Too funny. Love it!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

My mil told me that her son would say, "I'm horney" instead of I'm hungry!
In the store or where ever they were
Old 07-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

when my sister was little she called kentucky fried chicken. kenf*cky fried chicken LOL
Old 07-16-2011, 04:48 AM

Thanks for the giggles!

I love it when it comes out accidentally like that.

I think the Truck one is pretty common. My nephew had the trouble saying Dump Truck too. Of course his Uncle got a charge out of that as well as the whole Firehouse crew.

My youngest son (talked pretty early) used to call a Shark a F**k - I have no idea how his wires got that crossed but my older son was very amused by it.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:27 AM

I have a reverse of the "truck". I had a friend that had her little girl staying with a babysitter while at work. She had no idea the language she was using around her daughter. She found out when sweet daughter, said to grandma...."f**k you! She quickly told grandma, she was trying to say Fire Truck! Telling her they had just seen on on the way over.

Needless to say, she quickly found a new babysitter!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

well I hate to admit this sandee but yesterday I spilled my coke all over my counter and it got all over things I had sitting there and I said "sh*t" luckily I only had one kid here and so I looked into the living room and heard her repeating something on Dora whew! that was a close one! LOL but I did tell mommy that Miss Heather said a bad word today. Mom said "oh well what she doesnt hear at daycare she'll get at home daddy cusses, of course mommy never does haha" (she was joking blaming it on her dh) Its great when parents can be cool when we do slip up but I agree f*ck you would have been totally different.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitterPatter View Post
At least I found it funny and on a day when I REALLY needed it too so here goes.

Everyday we go over our rules in a song and the kids sing it except for a 2yr old boy I have. He is very delayed and doesnt speak much. When he does it's hard to understand or jumbled. So anyway we sang the song about walking feet, helping hands, quiet voices, listening ears...etc. He did the motions and mummbled, he was trying harder to say the words today!

After circle time I allowed free play outside. DCG was running on the patio and I told her "walking feet on the pation honey u can run in the grass." Again she did it so I spoke up louder from across the yard "Walking Feet please!" Just then 2yr old DCB YELLS F**KING WHEAT! The kids stopped running and looked wide eyed with a gasp that sucked all the oxygen from the air!!! I too didnt laugh at 1st just stood there with my jaw in the grass! A little old man on the jogging trail along side of the yard cracked up laughing and said "just what are u teaching them over there?"

I finally closed my mouth and started lauging with the old guy he's a regular so he knew better. DCB and the kids see us laughing and laugh with us. I said yes DCB WWWWALKING FFFFEET! He is saying it better now but OH my what would the parents or a potential client think had they heard it? Anyway it's funny to me now but just a gasp at the moment.
*Soda out the nose* moment!

Tags
developmentally delayed, funny