Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Afraid I May Be Getting Burnt Out
awestbrook713 04:58 PM 11-03-2011
I had decided I wanted to do daycare from my home so I could stay home with our new son and still supplement the family income. I'm starting to doubt whether I will be doing this for long. I loved it in the beginning but now I just dread seeing the parents or wondering if I am gonna get paid, I put so much effort into this doing arts and crafts with the kids, reading to them, taking them outside, goodie bags for the holidays and the parents could care less. I'm tired of having to fight for what I want out of my business, I should be enjoying this more not worrying about who is mad at me or whos gonna leave because I raise rates. I knew running a business wasn't gonna be easy but I may not be a strong enough person.

My husband is finally getting on a first shift job where he works and I am seriously thinking about applying for a job on second or third shift so we wouldn't have to put the baby in daycare. Then all these unhappy parents can try to find these cheaper day care providers they seem to think are around here.

Just had to vent hoping this feeling passes and everything works out.....
daycare 05:10 PM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:
I had decided I wanted to do daycare from my home so I could stay home with our new son and still supplement the family income. I'm starting to doubt whether I will be doing this for long. I loved it in the beginning but now I just dread seeing the parents or wondering if I am gonna get paid, I put so much effort into this doing arts and crafts with the kids, reading to them, taking them outside, goodie bags for the holidays and the parents could care less. I'm tired of having to fight for what I want out of my business, I should be enjoying this more not worrying about who is mad at me or whos gonna leave because I raise rates. I knew running a business wasn't gonna be easy but I may not be a strong enough person.

My husband is finally getting on a first shift job where he works and I am seriously thinking about applying for a job on second or third shift so we wouldn't have to put the baby in daycare. Then all these unhappy parents can try to find these cheaper day care providers they seem to think are around here.

Just had to vent hoping this feeling passes and everything works out.....
I have found this to be the most thankless job I have ever had.

You have to remind yourself why you do this. If you did it just to stay home for your child, it may not be a strong enough reason for you to keep it up.

I love children and I love what I do. People tell me I am made to do this...

BUT then you throw the parents into the mix and I begin to doubt if I can do this or not.

At the end of the day, I remind myself that I do this for the kids, not the parents. The only thing that they care about is that their child is safe, happy and fed. They really don't care about anything else. At least most of the parents that I have worked with

For example, I took the kids on a guided field trip to the pumpkin patch. I paid almost $150.00 for 7 kids and myself to go. I did not get one thank you. Not even from the one parent that attended with us. I bought them all lunch and we had a great time. But I do these things for the kids to have the experience, not to please the parents...

Only if we could get the children without the parents...lol
awestbrook713 05:21 PM 11-03-2011
I consider myself a pretty strong person, I worked at a doctors office before this and had to deal with people daily that would get mad because I couldn't fit them in, it didn't matter if I had done it 20 times before that one time was enough to make them forget. Honestly what I think is wrong with this world is this feeling of entitlement everyone has.

The parents feel entitled to low costing care and I feel entitled to rates that I can survive off of and pay my bills, whos right and whos wrong in this situation. I am not forcing them to stay yet they sit here and tell me what I should be doing and how I should be running my daycare. I really don't want to continue dwelling on this. I have a great bunch of kids who I care for deeply, they make me smile and knowing I can teach them and make a difference in their lives. I just wish their parents weren't going to ruin it. I have one little girl who had been to so many providers many of the moms friends that had to tell her they couldn't deal with her, she was difficult at first but has come so far and is actually one of my best behaved kids but now because of a rate change mom may be taking them out of my daycare, and I feel bad for the girl who will have to go through the same process all over.

I think you taking those children and spending the money was a wonderful and sweet thing to do so for the parents who just don't get it let me thank you for being an awesome provider and caring enough, I can only hope my love of children makes me strong enough to stay in this business.
daycare 05:32 PM 11-03-2011
I consider myself a pretty strong person, I worked at a doctors office before this and had to deal with people daily that would get mad because I couldn't fit them in, it didn't matter if I had done it 20 times before that one time was enough to make them forget. Honestly what I think is wrong with this world is this feeling of entitlement everyone has.

The parents feel entitled to low costing care and I feel entitled to rates that I can survive off of and pay my bills, whos right and whos wrong in this situation. I am not forcing them to stay yet they sit here and tell me what I should be doing and how I should be running my daycare. I really don't want to continue dwelling on this. I have a great bunch of kids who I care for deeply, they make me smile and knowing I can teach them and make a difference in their lives. I just wish their parents weren't going to ruin it. I have one little girl who had been to so many providers many of the moms friends that had to tell her they couldn't deal with her, she was difficult at first but has come so far and is actually one of my best behaved kids but now because of a rate change mom may be taking them out of my daycare, and I feel bad for the girl who will have to go through the same process all over.

I think you taking those children and spending the money was a wonderful and sweet thing to do so for the parents who just don't get it let me thank you for being an awesome provider and caring enough, I can only hope my love of children makes me strong enough to stay in this business.
Thanks so much for the kind words... You sound like an awesome provider as well. I think that anyone who comes onto a form to want to better themselves gets a thumbs up in my book any day.

I think what is so different about this business is that a lot of emotion comes into it and we have to learn to separate it. We have to shut our feelings off and still preform our jobs, which is hard to do sometimes. NOt always do we have to shut them off, just when needed.

I used to have a family in my care for 11.5 hours a day for no reason other than the parents did not want to parent, the kids were out of control when in their care and they couldnt take it. So they want them here with me. The kids went to bed as soon as they got home. Just long enough for the car ride and, change of clothes and then into bed. It was super sad. However, the mom would come to my home every day and kick me in the face by blaming anything negative that happened at home on me. It was always my fault. If the kid pooped his pants at their home, my fault, if he sneezed wrong, my fault...simply because they didnt want to parent.

So I can see how you would feel that way. I think that we just need to make sure that we are only doing business with the families that have similar parenting styles like ours or at least ones that respect everything about our program at the end of the day...
cheerfuldom 05:44 PM 11-03-2011
the only solution is to find a new job or make your daycare into what you really want it to be. raise rates and change every rule that needs to be changed, weed out all the families that can't handle this and then replace with new families that can. It took me awhile to get to that place but I really do have a great group of families. Rarely anyone ever late, haven't had payment issues for over a year, no major problems with the kids that cannot be resolved pretty easily. Its still hard work but definitely a way better situation than when I started.
awestbrook713 05:49 PM 11-03-2011
If I had only known what I know now when I started taking on the families I have half of them wouldn't be here. I am a strict parent I love my kids but they will be respectful and polite and that is so hard to teach these days because it isn't taught in every home. I feel for these kids because they have no one but their parents to learn from, its a vicious cycle, when I teach a child how to be polite or what is not exceptable and I see an improvement that makes me feel great.

I want this to work out so badly, my head is just spinning and full of what ifs. I will just have to decide whats best for me and my family.
awestbrook713 05:51 PM 11-03-2011
cheerfuldom: that is what I want, I read about how a lot of you have such awesome dcf's and I'm jealous. I told my husband tonight I wish I could find families that were like us when we were the ones seeking child care.
cheerfuldom 05:53 PM 11-03-2011
well we can help you if you want to make daycare changes. It IS possible. You live and learn and move on with new solutions and skills and you get better at your job. Thats how any job is.
awestbrook713 06:01 PM 11-03-2011
I do need to make changes, I have worked on my rates and that is a done deal so now its a waiting game to see who stays and who leaves. The ones that are thinking about leaving are the ones that should have been sent on their way a while ago, I just don't have the back bone to term anyone yet.

I have redone my policies but always feel I am leaving room for them to walk all over me and I don't want that, I want to have more time to focus on the kids and the activities we do and less time having to deal with difficult parents.
cheerfuldom 06:15 PM 11-03-2011
maybe you can post the portions of your contract that you feel aren't solid enough or have too much wiggle room. don't forget also that it isn't just what you put in your contract but how you enforce that.
VanessaEO 08:35 PM 11-03-2011
Cheerfuldom is exactly right - if its the parents that are the low point in your job - then you need to create policy and rates that support your business. You weed those out that conflict with your business policies and eventually you find yourself with a group of kids & parents that are amazing.

You *can* get there. Especially if you are in daycare for the right reasons. (Because you love working with kids vs. you are lazy and don't ever interact with the kids)
awestbrook713 02:56 AM 11-04-2011
Here are my policies I will point out areas I am concerned about:

Policies
Enrollment
Due to daycare regulations all parents must submit the Blue card to me. Any child, not of Kindergarten age, must also have a medical assessment signed by a doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant on file. Without these forms enrollment will not be possible. The first two weeks of care will be a trial period; provider/parent may terminate care at any time during these two weeks without any prior notice.

Rates
I reserve the right to change my rates once a year. You will be given 2 weeks’ notice prior to any changes.

Early drop off/ late pick-up Fee
My hours are 6am to 5pm. I allow 5:45am drop offs and 5:15pm pickups. If it becomes habit to come earlier or later then these times a $5 fee will be added and due at pay day. If something comes up and you need to drop your children off earlier or pick up later let me know as soon as possible.
I have one family that drops off at 5:45 which I would rather they not, mom lives acrossed the street there is no reason dad can't drop them there and she bring them over before she goes to work, the 5:15 pick up is for a mom that works till 5 she may not be staying. Should i just get rid of the I allow 5:45am drop offs and 5:15pm pickups because I really don't want anyone else coming that late or early?

Meals
Breakfast is served between 6:30-8:00am
AM Snack is served between 9:30-10:30am
Lunch is served between 11:30-12:30pm
PM Snack is served between 2:00-3:00pm
I participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program. I provide meals to the children in my care following CACFP guidelines. I will offer your child a meal/snack if they choose not to eat what is given at that meal time they will not be forced to eat, but they will have to wait until the next meal/snack time before they are offered something to eat again.

Sick children
I require that children with fevers of 100.4 or more, vomiting, or diarrhea be picked up as soon as possible. Any child that develops a rash during care or shows up with one will not be allowed to stay in care that day and will need to provide a doctors’ note stating the rash is not contagious in order to return to care. Children who become ill will be kept separate from the rest of the group in a comfortable environment until a parent picks them up. Please have alternate care lined up for these types of occasions.
Is 100.4 too low or is it a reasonable temp to send them home with.

Provider Holidays, Vacations, Sick days
I will take up to 2 weeks vacation. Parents will be informed ahead of time so they may set up care for these times.
Holidays my daycare will be closed will be as followed: New Years day, Christmas Eve and day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and 4th of July. If I become ill and am unable to open or need to close early I will call all parents as soon as possible. I don't require them to pay for my vacation time, or holidays although I wish I could, thats another bridge to cross at a later time I guess.

Children absences from care/Vacations
I require 1 month prior notice for full week vacations. If not given you will be responsible for 1/2 of your weekly rate.
Single days’ up to 3 days off in a row: 1-2 weeks’ notice. If not given you will be responsible for the full weekly rate.
Sick days or unforeseen circumstances: handle per agreement with provider.

Substitutes
***** Westbrook is my substitute. If I have training or doctors’ appointments he will fill in for me. The only times when notice will not be given ahead of time will be in the case of an emergency. If you are not comfortable with this arrangement you may find other care for your child that day, or in cases of emergency come pick your child(ren) up from daycare.

Medication
Only over-the-counter topical medications such as sunscreen, diaper rash cream, and bug repellant will be administered to children under my care. I am not allowed to have medication for children under my care kept in diaper bags or day bags.

Schedules
Due to state laws I am only allowed 8 kids to watch at one time. Scheduled days of care will be followed strictly. If I have any open spots for a day they will be filled on a first come first serve basis. If you are going on vacation or taking time off and will not need me for a few days or a week please let me know as soon as possible so I may have time to fill these empty slots.

Termination Procedure
This contract may be terminated by either parent/guardian or provider by giving 1 month’s prior written notice in advance of the ending date. The provider may terminate the contract without giving any notice if the parent/guardian does not make payments when due. Failure by the provider to enforce one or more terms of the contract does not waive the right of the provider to enforce any other terms of the contract.

I just feel like I am missing alot of key things.
erinalexmom 03:17 AM 11-04-2011
I dont know about the rest, but I would do away with the drop off pick up early/late thing. I would just eliminate that altogether. But that is me because its a huge annoyance for me. I dont want any kid here for one second longer than they have to be. That is my biggest annoyance honestly so I am firm about that. Some parents are worse than thier children honestly. They like to push the rules, so they see that policy as a way to get extra time for the same $
wahmof3 06:05 AM 11-04-2011
I was ready to throw in the towel too. I had a dcf that would push & push me to my limit. Over the past several months I have had many tears & wondered if this is the profession I should be in.

I revised my policies, especially the ones this family was taking advantage of. Gave them the new policies & 2 weeks to sign the form saying they understand & will follow them.

Apparently it didn't sit well with them because they gave me notice. Funny thing is the policies didn't change much, just the fact that I was going to enforce them. I let them out of their contract early.

Let me tell you the difference it has made!!! I once again really enjoy what I am doing!!!!!! It's truely amazing!!! Sometimes, no matter how good the kiddos are, have to decide whats best for US!

This is MY BUSINESS not the parents business! And sometimes when they just don't fit with your program, you need to let them go. AND ITS OK!!!
mismatchedsocks 06:16 AM 11-04-2011
I have a few contracts out there. One is the one I give new parents who sign their kids up. This is the newest one, with all the changes and its written after 11 years of daycare with EVERYTHING i can think of and how I want it. I have a few families on this.

Then I have one from a few years ago, I have 4 kids enrolled on this one. The major change here is the paid holidays and an added day off. I dont make the current families change over to new contract, they are grandfathered in old one. So 4 of my families dont HAVE to pay me for holidays but 3 of the 4 do.

I have one from 6 years ago. This one has a few other changes, like age range for each pay rate, and holidays are unpaid with 5 vacation days a year. This family that is on this has a new baby that is on the new contract and the other child on this contract.

I think this flexibility is what keeps me full, that and when I do changes I can give them to NEW parents and they have no idea when I changed it and assume everyone is on the same one. I have some OLD parents just abide by the new contract, which I appreciate.

Maybe something like this. Make a new contract NOW, dont give to all families, just the new ones, and for the old ones make the major changes that you need to??

As for the allowing early late drop offs, just make a statement. I am open 6-5. Please let me know and we can see if another arrangement can be worked out if you work later or earlier then this. That way you can figure out if you want to take them on. Just because you offer for one family, doesnt mean you have to for everyone.

I can email you my LONG contract and you can fix for you??
awestbrook713 07:28 AM 11-04-2011
I agree about the late and early drop offs I eliminated that this morning. Actually I was sent a parent handbook one of you lovely ladies wrote up and I went through and saw a lot of things I was missing or needed to fix. Needless to say I took this morning to reword, rework, and enter more policies and I actually feel pretty darn good about the end product.

Its hard for me to hand a different contract out to different people because my group of families are related or friends in some way or another, and they talk. I know as soon as I sent out the rate increase they were all talking about me behind my back because the one mom my sis works with was telling her she wasn't happy and another mom my cousin(yes I know never babysit for family) was unhappy too.

I'm ready to fix my business and make it better and if that means losing a few or all families then thats what I need to do. I have 2 good families that are respectful ok with the rate change and very little trouble so I am pretty sure they will stay as for the others oh well I am ready to let them go with out blinking an eye. I have atleast 2 kids to fill any positions that may open up and believe me I know they would be perfect fits. I was gonna wait for december to hand out the new policies and contract but honestly why not hand it out now and do a full clean house if they don't like what I have to say they can leave.
Blackcat31 07:51 AM 11-04-2011
I agree about the late and early drop offs I eliminated that this morning. Actually I was sent a parent handbook one of you lovely ladies wrote up and I went through and saw a lot of things I was missing or needed to fix. Needless to say I took this morning to reword, rework, and enter more policies and I actually feel pretty darn good about the end product.

Its hard for me to hand a different contract out to different people because my group of families are related or friends in some way or another, and they talk. I know as soon as I sent out the rate increase they were all talking about me behind my back because the one mom my sis works with was telling her she wasn't happy and another mom my cousin(yes I know never babysit for family) was unhappy too.

I'm ready to fix my business and make it better and if that means losing a few or all families then thats what I need to do. I have 2 good families that are respectful ok with the rate change and very little trouble so I am pretty sure they will stay as for the others oh well I am ready to let them go with out blinking an eye. I have atleast 2 kids to fill any positions that may open up and believe me I know they would be perfect fits. I was gonna wait for december to hand out the new policies and contract but honestly why not hand it out now and do a full clean house if they don't like what I have to say they can leave.
You are doing exactly what you need to do. Set the tone for respect from the very beginning I include a welcome letter to parents that not only welcomes them to care but also sets the tone for how I will respect them as parents and I EXPECT them to respect me in my profession. I think that alot of providers make their handbooks up and when you go back and look through them and count the number of times you say "Please..." about doing this or that, it makes it sort of read as though you are asking the parents to maybe do things this way or that way. It just feels negotiable to me when I read so many 'pleases'. kwim?

I am in no way saying to be rude but your policies/rules are your rules and policies. State them as if they are non-negotiable and parents will get the tone and understand that there is no negotiating.

I also think that it is all in your attitude. If you do not want to do early morning drop off....then don't. If you do it but don't really want to, it shows in your attitude and parents can read that kind of vibe just as easily as we read it from parents. This business is like life. It is what you are willing to put into it. If you leave your doors open for trouble, it will come.

About your comment about different reates for different families....ALL my parents have different schedules, levels of care, different relationships with me and different kids so of course everyone gets a different rate/contract/agreement whatever... If any one wants to talk about it behind your back, thne oh, well (not much you cn do about that so let it slide. But if they come to you about it simply say "I do not discuss family's situations/rates or contracts with other parents." If they outright ask you why someone's rate is different the reapeat the same thing. It really is none of their business and I would honestly be somewhat mad that they had the nerve to ask me something like that. I would personally tell them it is none of their business and stop being nosey. (But that is me.) I would also think that the main thing is whether THEY are happy with the are you provide for their child. If so, then they need to stop worrying about what goes on with others...related or not.

You are doing great and it is nice that you recognize that you need to do things a certain way. I personally, think you just need to find your voice. Stand up for what you want and need. Put yourself and your family first. Set your rules and policies and stick to them.

This is not the Lifetime Movie channel...don't buy into sob stories or personal situations that allow parents to negotiate with you. Learn to cut them off at the pass and do what YOU need to do. Say to them "Ya know Jill, I undertand you have this situation but I just don't have time to get into it now. Have a good day." Smile big and wave.

Once you really honestly stop worrying about what everyone else thinks, it gets easy. I promise.
daycare 08:07 AM 11-04-2011
You just need to tell the parents with confidence that in order for you to offer great program and services you need all families to follow your PHB. Without their cooperation, you can't run a happy successful daycare for the children.

Then tell them. I would always love to be flexible with you, but need you to communicate with me.

I have a little bck bone.
awestbrook713 08:28 AM 11-04-2011
Well I learned the other day and I am not quite sure of how this rule works and the terms but I was told charging different families different rates is illegal. I still don't know if this only applys to providers on the subsidy program or what. Anyways I in no way was trying to do anything illegal but when I first started I had a mom come to me and ask if she could pay an hourly rate instead of the daily or half day rate. I agreed since it worked in my favor some days and not on others. Any ways I have been worried sick about this I became registered so I was doing this by the book, I have terrible luck and would be one of those providers that got turned in for having too many kids.

I actually called mom today and let her know I was not going to be able to honor our agreement due to legal issues and that she will have to pay the normal rate for her daughter just like everyone else. I offered to fill out subsidy paper work for her as a way to help her if she decides she wants to stay in december if she doesn't oh well I won't have to worry about it. I am glad I did that and feel a weight lifted off of my chest.

Blackcat and daycare I did put a very strict but friendly tone on my policies and laid it all out in the last paragraph. This is it:

These policies and procedures I have included here are the rules I need to enforce to make my daycare work best for me and the families I provide care for. I understand that you may feel some of these may not be fair or to your liking, but remember I am not only caring for your children I am running a business. If I do not bring in enough revenue I will be forced to close my daycare which will affect both you and me. These policies are for you to keep and refer back to if you have any questions. If you do not find the answer to your questions please feel free to ask me. Sign the following page and return to me for me to keep on file.

oh and blackcat I need to go through it and erase a few pleases lol. I found one in the above paragraph and took it out and still think it sounds friendly enough and I'm not begging I am telling them.
Blackcat31 08:35 AM 11-04-2011

oh and blackcat I need to go through it and erase a few pleases lol. I found one in the above paragraph and took it out and still think it sounds friendly enough and I'm not begging I am telling them.
I think you worded it well. And YES!! You are telling them not asking them.

As far as rate charges go, I think it is illegal to charge families on subsidy more than what you would cahrge a cash paying family for the same services. You are allowed to cahrge families rates that equal what their needs are. For example, I have a different weekly rate for children who are not potty trained compared to kids who wear undies. I also charge families a different weekly rate according to the time they pick up, like Nannyde. Every family requires different needs and I charge accordingly. I think the legal part refers to not charging rates that have no explanation or are vastly different because you like one kid or family and not another....kwim?

None of my families pays the same because none of my families need the same things.
awestbrook713 08:39 AM 11-04-2011
Well I am going to continue to charge this mother the hourly for her daughter until january if she stays since she is only coming her for 15min-30min and she will pay $3 for me to get her off the bus. I don't think that is unfair or uncalled for at all, but I would like her to start paying what everyone else is paying since I have regretted giving her this special rate from the beginning. I thought dad wasn't helping with child care but apparently he does so wth was the problem, oh yea she was cheap and pulled a fast one on me shame on me for falling for it.
Blackcat31 08:43 AM 11-04-2011
Well I am going to continue to charge this mother the hourly for her daughter until january if she stays since she is only coming her for 15min-30min and she will pay $3 for me to get her off the bus. I don't think that is unfair or uncalled for at all, but I would like her to start paying what everyone else is paying since I have regretted giving her this special rate from the beginning. I thought dad wasn't helping with child care but apparently he does so wth was the problem, oh yea she was cheap and pulled a fast one on me shame on me for falling for it.
I used to do hourly with different hourly rates for full time vs part time. Then I switched to the same hourly rate, then I went to daily with half days and full days with full time and part time rates .....then I got hit in the head by the swing, and now do weekly tuition based on 5,4 or 3 day weeks and adjusted according to pick up time. BEST move I ever made.
awestbrook713 08:50 AM 11-04-2011
I went from hourly to half days and full days with sibling discounts, I should have just been babysitting for free at this point. I will be changing to weekly rates based on a $25 a day rate in January.
Blackcat31 08:55 AM 11-04-2011
Sounds perfect.

IMHO, I would consider adding a small amount based on pick up times. For example, if your daily rate is $25 per child, have that be for 9 hours.

If they need 9.5 hours have the rate be $26 per day and if they need 10 hours have the rate be $27.

Makes the long days alot more bearable.
awestbrook713 09:00 AM 11-04-2011
Oh I wish I could but I'm already getting enough grumbling from the one family that needs me 10 to 11 hours 4 days a week in the summer for two girls talk about long days. This is my family that drops off at 5:45 but if they decide to stay I am going to require that dad drops kids off at moms acrossed the street from me and she can bring them during my open hours she usually leaves at 630
Blackcat31 09:10 AM 11-04-2011
Oh I wish I could but I'm already getting enough grumbling from the one family that needs me 10 to 11 hours 4 days a week in the summer for two girls talk about long days. This is my family that drops off at 5:45 but if they decide to stay I am going to require that dad drops kids off at moms acrossed the street from me and she can bring them during my open hours she usually leaves at 630
So, in an essence if you changed your rate to include the longer hours, they will fix the problem themselves by dropping off later and picking up earlier to save money.....just a thought.
Unregistered 11:43 AM 11-04-2011

you have two months till January. Start new. Perfect your handbook/policy book and be ready. Explain the last weeks of December that you will have a new PB and will need to have it signed and a charge for this. Simply explain, you use this annual registration fee for all paperwork, trainings through out the year, your time etc... Brief note home, new policies starting january 1st....even send it home the last week in Dec, or go over it in your home the last week in Dec. Take two weeks paid vacation......and all your holidays paid. You need to have a weekly anticipated income. Don't feel bad for this. Have the clients pay no matter if the child is in care or not. Sick policy..... you have one half hour to get your child if he should become sick in my care or late charges will start. This protects all the children in my care. Ask for the things you need, diapers, wipes, creams, meds, two changes of clothes appropriate for the time of the year. Send dirty clothes home and ask for new. I am sure there are more things you could put in this, but that is what I have so far........and don't feel bad or look back. Most good providers ask for these things. You deserve this too! Get it together and then be the best provider you can. Simple notification......not a month....two weeks is ample enough time for them to know.
awestbrook713 01:19 PM 11-04-2011
Yes I agree I gave them too much notice. I will not make this mistake again. I say I will give two weeks notice for policy changes and also put that I can change policies whenever needed. I do believe this last fix is thorough enough and will be going home with parents 2 weeks before the new year. They can take it or leave it. This will be my new years resolution "not to look back". Thank you everyone for the help.
momma2girls 04:39 PM 11-04-2011
cheerfuldom: that is what I want, I read about how a lot of you have such awesome dcf's and I'm jealous. I told my husband tonight I wish I could find families that were like us when we were the ones seeking child care.
I feel the same way as you do. In fact, I just said this exact same thing about 3 yrs. ago. I was struggling to find great parents, that treat you with respect, how you treat others. About 9 yrs. ago, when I had my child in daycare, I did nice things all the time for her daycare provider. I brought in treats, cookies, for Holidays, cupcakes for birthdays. I did up treat bags, for Xmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, the daycare provider I would treat to a nice birthday and XMas gift. I appreciated her so much!! I have pretty good parents right now, all 3 of them are pretty decent. Although, one drives me nuts, about her child, and the stuff she comes up with, and thinks!! UGHH!!!!
Four years ago on XMas, I had 3 of the 4 parents, not even bother to say thank you to me at xmas, no card, no gift, no thank you for their child's XMas gift, nothing!! That upset me so much!!! The least they could have given me was a card to thank me, for their child's gift and for all the hard work I do over the yrs. and yrs. but nothing!!
awestbrook713 06:20 PM 11-04-2011
momma2girls, I'm sorry I am learning way to fast how under appreciated a daycare provider is. Like everyone keeps saying on here no matter how rude or unappreciative the parents we have to remember who we do what we do for, the kids. I guess I just need to stop feeling entitled to appreciation and then maybe with the lowered expectations I won't for so disappointed.
Tags:burnt out
Reply Up