Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Coats And Shoes
iheartkids 06:52 AM 09-25-2012
I have a very small space so I don't have a drop off spot for coats and shoes. When you enter in my house you are right in the kitchen, I have no entryway. They just all pile up at the door. Would like some suggestions that other people have done with their small spaces.
SilverSabre25 07:02 AM 09-25-2012
I got a coat hook thingy at Target. It hangs on the wall just beside our front door. coats go on it, shoes go on a mat under it.

I have a very small entryway...bilevel house so you enter on a landing with stairs going up and stairs going down...it's like, 12 sq ft or something, I don't know. Not a huge space. Very easy to get cluttered and crowded.

Oh, and I also have one of those Sterilite drawer thingys with three drawers, one for my DD's shoes (she has many), one for DS's coats, and one for hats/gloves/etc. Then a smaller drawer thingy on top of that for dck artwork and papers. This set-up fits perfectly beside the door and solves so much of my organization issues right there.
MissAnn 11:28 AM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by iheartkids:
I have a very small space so I don't have a drop off spot for coats and shoes. When you enter in my house you are right in the kitchen, I have no entryway. They just all pile up at the door. Would like some suggestions that other people have done with their small spaces.
I bought these cute boxes at Walmart. They are small and don't take up so much space....I also attached a laminated tag with their names on the boxes...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-...s-4pk/19476864
momofsix 11:49 AM 09-25-2012
I know what you mean! I don't even have room for a coat hook to hang on the wall or for bins. What I did was bought some of those 3M hooks and hung them on a closet door that is right in the entryway. They take up absolutely no room. Shoes go under a teeny tiny kid sized bench I have at the front door.
Tags:coat storage, shoes, storage
Reply Up