Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mats, Cots, and Where to Get Them?
Josiegirl 04:39 AM 01-07-2014
Right now I have cheapie mats I bought at Walmart, but they're cracking and splitting. Time to invest in something longer lasting. I've been eying the cots they sell at Lakeshore but they're 50 bucks apiece. Is there any place I can get them cheaper or maybe a viable alternative altogether?
Thanks!!
LaLa1923 04:41 AM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Right now I have cheapie mats I bought at Walmart, but they're cracking and splitting. Time to invest in something longer lasting. I've been eying the cots they sell at Lakeshore but they're 50 bucks apiece. Is there any place I can get them cheaper or maybe a viable alternative altogether?
Thanks!!
Years ago I got 6 for $200 on ebay!

they were regular sized too, not toddler sized
childcaremom 04:42 AM 01-07-2014
I've seen them online through costco. I think they are $170 US for 6 and come with sheets.

I don't have them (I am waiting for them to come back in stock on the Cdn site) but anyone I've talked to with them likes them.
childcaremom 04:43 AM 01-07-2014
Here's a link: http://www.costco.com/6-pack-Stackab....11529743.html
jessrlee 04:47 AM 01-07-2014
Discount school supply has a great deal! http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=

4pk of the value line for 99$! Search for a coupon code. They always have a 10-20% off code.

I got my value line cots 3 years ago and they all look brand new!
melilley 04:51 AM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
Discount school supply has a great deal! http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=

4pk of the value line for 99$! Search for a coupon code. They always have a 10-20% off code.

originalkat 05:29 AM 01-07-2014

Yep! This is where I got my cots. I have had mine 5 years and they look perfect!
Patches 05:29 AM 01-07-2014
Keep an eye on craigslist and flea markets If you have time to wait. I have 11 cots and I spent a total of $50 for all of them
VTMom 05:35 AM 01-07-2014
I just sent you a PM...

and a little
melilley 05:43 AM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
Keep an eye on craigslist and flea markets If you have time to wait. I have 11 cots and I spent a total of $50 for all of them
I would try this first as well. Just some advice though, if you see any on cl, act fast! Every time I found some, they were gone within minutes it seemed!
MotherNature 05:59 AM 01-07-2014
I got mine off discount school supply too & got sheets for them from ebay, from a work-at-home-mom who made them for about $5 a piece in different patterns.
Leigh 06:06 AM 01-07-2014
I can tell you where NOT to buy them: http://www.butterflyschoolsupply.com/ I ordered from this place twice (I can't believe that I went back, but I believed the owners' story she gave about being late). Both times, I paid with Paypal, both times, I had to open a Paypal dispute after 44 days of not receiving product. They ignore you after they get paid, it will take MONTHS to receive product, IF you receive it at all (I have received NOTHING from my last order).

I can't believe that I am sharing that I was dumb enough to order from here TWICE!
itlw8 06:35 AM 01-07-2014
this is what I use http://www.spacemakercots-rcs.com/cots.html I bought mine in 84 and they still work great I did have to replace a few covers because I stand mine on end to store. a friend stacks hers flat and they have shown no wear.

Do save money and get them unassembled. I have the folding ones my friend has the stacking ones.
BBDC 06:58 AM 01-07-2014
ive been wanting cots to but Ive just been using sleeping bags for now. To me its not the price of cots but the shipping that sometimes makes them soo expensive!
Scout 07:20 AM 01-07-2014

I also have ordered these and couldn't be happier!
Scout 07:22 AM 01-07-2014
Sheetsunlimited.com has some REALLY cute stuff! And I find the quality good as well. She is great to work with too! She was going to go buy me Hello Kitty fabric for blankets and charge me a good deal to make them for my girl cots but, I never ended up doing it!
butterfly 08:41 AM 01-07-2014
I got mine, New, from eBay. Free shipping. Free sheets. $150 for 6. I had to assemble, but was very easy to do.
DaycareMom 09:03 AM 01-07-2014
My kids have bunk beds so that's where the DCKs sleep or in a PnP.

I am curious why buy cots? Wouldn't it be cheaper, easier, and less space consuming to just buy the mats?

Do the cots provide a certain type of support that the floor doesn't provide?
Leigh 09:10 AM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
My kids have bunk beds so that's where the DCKs sleep or in a PnP.

I am curious why buy cots? Wouldn't it be cheaper, easier, and less space consuming to just buy the mats?

Do the cots provide a certain type of support that the floor doesn't provide?
I use cots because I think they are more comfortable for the kids, they provide a better boundary (kids don't get off the cots like they do off mats), and because they are required by my state for overnight care (daytime kids can use mats). I also have wood floors, and can't imagine they would be comfortable to sleep on, even with a mat.
itlw8 09:47 AM 01-07-2014
I have to have the children 4 or more inches off the floor. I am in the basement so I have to use cots.
melilley 09:52 AM 01-07-2014
Crib sheets work great on the cots too!
Josiegirl 10:50 AM 01-07-2014
Thanks for all the links and help everybody! VTmom, I did pm you back. Along with the sunshine please send some warmth, it is absolutely freezing over here. Even though my temp gauge is telling me it's 12 above, that windchill must be bringing it to 25 below!
I've always used mats, buying them at a nice cheap price of 5 bucks a pop at WalMart. So if I have to throw a couple out here or there, no big deal. But last time I went to replace a couple they had gone up to 15.00 each. I said to he!! with that. Might as well make the investment of cots and they'll last longer, they do look more comfortable, and as someone else mentioned, the dcks will know their boundaries(I hope!). Looking to transition a couple tots, I'm thinking that will work better.
Plus, our state is revising some regulations, and keeping sleeping kids up off the floor might be one of them.
renodeb 10:53 AM 01-07-2014
I got mine at matsmatsmats.com but there are lots of places you can get them. Mine have lasted pretty well. I have only have wto replace two in 8 years. (not to bad). I use the tri fold mats that are 1 1/2 inches thick. They didnt come with sheets though. I would check with the dc regs specific to your state but I love my mats! Where I live the mats have to be wipeable or washable.
Debbie
WImom 01:17 PM 01-07-2014

This is what I have too, has been 5 years. Also if they break they will replace it. I had twice now where a leg broke - my fault for yanking too hard (mine seem to get stuck from the sheet strap) and they sent out a new leg quickly both times.
Jack Sprat 01:21 PM 01-07-2014
I have the Regalo cots and some cheapy nap mats. They are about $25 on Amazon. I like how the squish up to store.
Tags:cots, regalo
Reply Up