Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Deck Railing
misol 08:21 PM 10-02-2010
Some time ago, a provider mentioned that to keep the different age groups separated, she use pre-fabricated deck railing in her daycare area. Since I can't find an appropriate, affordable safety gate for my irregularly shaped stairs, I am going to have to section off the playroom to prevent access to the stairs altogether. Has anyone else used pre-fab deck railing or something similar to define areas in their daycare space? If so, do you have any pics that you could post?
Michael 12:09 PM 10-03-2010
Try this thread. It might be the one you are looking for: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14997
misol 11:11 AM 10-04-2010
Thanks Michael. I took a look and this is not the thread

We have a very open floor plan and one opening that I need to block is about 8 feet and the other opening is about 9 feet. I haven't seen any "daycare quality" baby gates this long. I think that I am going to have to try the Configure Gate by Kidco and see if that works for the stairs. Keep your fingers crossed. It is just getting super expensive to ship these all these gates back when they don't fit.
Michael 01:44 PM 10-04-2010
Oh yeah I see what you mean. I am putting the image here for others to see: http://www.amazon.com/KidCo-KID-G80-...com/B000056HMX

Crystal 02:08 PM 10-04-2010
the gate michael posted is what I have. you can buy add-on extensions to go with it and it adjusts to configure to fit most spaces. I have had mine in use daily for over five years and it is still like new.
misol 02:46 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
the gate michael posted i swhat I have. you can buy add-on extensions to go with it and it adjusts to configure to fit most spaces. I have had mine in use daily for over five years and it is still like new.

Oh that is good to know! Do you have yours mounted to the wall? I just saw one on craigslist last night that comes with 9 panels I hope it's still available.
Crystal 04:55 PM 10-04-2010
yes it is mounted to the wall. the mounting hardware is discrete enough that I remove the gate from my stairs every friday and put a plant in front of it so it looks like my normal wall. I'll try to post a picture later, but I always have issues posting them here, so we'll see.
DCMom 05:23 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Michael:
Oh yeah I see what you mean. I am putting the image here for others to see: http://www.amazon.com/KidCo-KID-G80-...com/B000056HMX

This gate is the best! I have the original gate (3 sections) plus three sections to expand it and use it to create an infant corner when I have little babies that I need to keep separated. I don't have it up right now (no little babies at the moment) but the mounting hardware has been in place for at least five years and I use it as needed.

I also ordered an extra set of the mounting hardware that I mounted in my hallway; three sections fit there and keeps the new walkers and crawlers out my supplies. For some reason they LOVE that hallway between 9 and 15 months....
misol 11:29 AM 10-05-2010
Thanks ladies. Glad to know that other providers are using it with some success. Since the items in our homes get more than the normal wear and tear, I can never go by internet reviews unless the person specifically identifies themselves as a provider. I am going to go for it and let you all know how it works out for me.
Tags:gates
Reply Up