Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Rate Question

Could you share your weekly rates (or a range, if you are more comfortable with that) and the area of the country you live in? I am thinking of switching from nanny care to in-home childcare, and am not sure what the going rates are! It's been a few years!

Thanks all!

*There may already be a thread with this information, but I can't seem to find it. A link would be great!
Old 12-05-2018, 06:59 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

$135 M-F, 730A to 530P, meals included.

Rural southeast, 68% graduation rate, predominately blue collar. - That info is very relevant when planning.

I am located in a wealthier neighborhood, have a high rating, ECE college educated, many references, emergency medical certifications and a ridiculous amount of experience, so can charge more easily. My experience, though, was that those families did not share my core values and made my life miserable (as did the subsidy families). I gladly stay middle of the going rate and love my life.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

It's definitely very different depending on the area, even within the same state or county. I'm in CA and I see anywhere from $30-$75/day when you divide up full time monthly fees. Our FCCs seem to be about the same pricing as our centers here. So, we can usually look online and compare the prices that are online. Not every place posts them, but some do.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
$135 M-F, 730A to 530P, meals included.

Rural southeast, 68% graduation rate, predominately blue collar. - That info is very relevant when planning.

I am located in a wealthier neighborhood, have a high rating, ECE college educated, many references, emergency medical certifications and a ridiculous amount of experience, so can charge more easily. My experience, though, was that those families did not share my core values and made my life miserable (as did the subsidy families). I gladly stay middle of the going rate and love my life.
135 here for all day and 150 for infants. Infant rates are much higher here as they are harder to find spots for. 75 a week for before and after. My rates are competitive. Bordering states charge a bit more. When we lived 45 mins away in a more expensive area it was 250 for home daycare and 315 for centers. This was also 5 years ago!
Old 12-05-2018, 07:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCare View Post
It's definitely very different depending on the area, even within the same state or county. I'm in CA and I see anywhere from $30-$75/day when you divide up full time monthly fees. Our FCCs seem to be about the same pricing as our centers here. So, we can usually look online and compare the prices that are online. Not every place posts them, but some do.
Upstate NY...middle income America here...$210 a week $42 a day 3 day minimum...which I will be change as of the new year..under 12 months fulltime only...totally sick of getting the kid in a somewhat schedule...only to have it messes up by grandma and auntie holding them for the next 2 days! ( sorry..side rant)

Last edited by Blackcat31; 12-05-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Rural Northern California

$185/165
Old 12-05-2018, 08:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Rate

Metropolitan area in NC
My rate is $40 per day (does not include meals).
Iíve seen rates as low as $25 per day.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Daycare.com Member

East TN ... I charged $600 month or $40 per day drop-in care. I was doing nothing but infants under 24 months (4 babes) and limited care to 10 hrs daily... FT only even if they only needed 3 day week. I had 20 days off during the year for vacations & Federal holidays... Closed in September of this year due to health issues

I only offered weekly rates of $150 for the first month if they couldn't afford $600 upfront (always got paid in advance regardless of daily, weekly or monthly). Rates included meals, not formula
Old 12-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Family Childcare Home

Southern CA in Ventura County in a beachside town. I live in a part of the town that's considered a "good" part but not the best. $200/wk FT. Breaks down to $4/hr and my hourly rate just goes up from there the less number of hours and days the child comes. In my same city in the "least desirable" part of town FCC rates are $100-$125/week FT. In the "best" part of town they're $250/wk or more.

One city west from me and more inland/rural the prices drop down to $150/wk FT at their highest. One city south of me and still next to the ocean the highest I've seen is typical of my prices. North of me about 35 minutes is Santa Barbara and there the prices are about $350/wk FT.

It's difficult to tell you what to charge because prices differ from state to state, city to city and even within cities. Your best bet is to contact your local resource and referral agency and ask them for the reimbursement ceilings AKA the highest they pay for a family as subsidy. Usually this amount is the average cost of daycare in the county.

Tags
rates, rates - by zipcode, rates - fair and reasonable, subsidy issues, unreasonable parental expectations