Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Screaming/Tantrums On Walks. LOL!

We have been out 4 of 5 days on a walk this week! Small victory in this area.

Three days we have walked with another daycare and while the kids get along fine every day atleast one child is having a full on fit during the walk. Don't want to walk anymore....don't want to hold your hand....getting to close to lunch.... wants a flower another child picked...tired... etc.

None of this bothers me or the other daycare lady since it is to be expected with 10-15 little ones but I am wondering what other people in our neighborhood think.

Does anyone just laugh and think they are a walking circus? Sometimes I wonder if people get any ideas of how to handle their own childs fits as daycare people are known to have secret discipline tricks that often work when other things don't. The whole thing cracks me up really but I often wonder if people shudder when they see us go out knowing someone along the way is going to have a melt down.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Daycare Member

I have a screamer that will cry at the drop of a hat, and man, she SCREAMS! The kids and I are all used to it, and barely flinch when she starts in, but I often wonder about the poor neighbours we pass on our way to or from the bus stop everyday . I kind of wonder if she's anyone's wake-up call (besides my husband -- she comes in screaming every morning at 7:30). They likely hear her screaming everyday at 8:30 as we make our way home from the bus stop.

And since we're in a townhouse, I'm SO glad I have patient neighbours that all want a spot with me . So far no one has mentioned the decibel level that follows us wherever we go .
Old 05-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

LOL, I could be you

My neighborhood park is about three blocks from my house and I often meet up with my neighbor (who also does daycare) and lives halfway and we walk together to the park. I have 8 or 9 and she has 6 or 7; I have two dogs, she has one. One four place stroller, one double stroller, 6 assorted walkers holding three dog leashes and pulling a wagon with snacks, diaper bag, first aid kit and the water cooler.

Park days are fun but exhausting!

In the evening my dh and I often walk the dogs and comments like 'I didn't recognize you without your stroller' or 'Only the dogs are yours??' or 'It must be nice to walk faster than a snail'. Always good natured and complimentary; several of my dck's are from within 6 blocks of my house so they are neighbors as well as clients.

Everyone knows us, we are 'The Daycare Ladies'.

Tags
tantrums, walks