Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Need Help Please :(
mommy2008 02:10 PM 11-02-2011
This is my first and last time with daycare. My kid's been in day care last month just 1 week because I been preparing him for the surgery . Now will be 3 weeks off from day care. Do I need to pay the fee ($300) for being off? I don’t know how system works in USA daycare. Need some advice, guys please help me!
sharlan 02:29 PM 11-02-2011
What does your contract with the provider say?
mommy2008 02:43 PM 11-02-2011
" If your child needs to leave our programm, a two weeks notice will be required The notice must be in writing and given to owner. Management reserves the right to refuse service at amy time, there will be a $30.00 charge on all returned checks. After two returned checks you will be required to pay in cash from there on past due fees will result in your child losing there spot." from my contract ...
misspollywog 03:15 PM 11-02-2011
Originally Posted by mommy2008:
" If your child needs to leave our programm, a two weeks notice will be required The notice must be in writing and given to owner. Management reserves the right to refuse service at amy time, there will be a $30.00 charge on all returned checks. After two returned checks you will be required to pay in cash from there on past due fees will result in your child losing there spot." from my contract ...
If you signed a contract and they require a 2 week paid notice, then you have to pay it or risk being taken to small claims court. Daycare is a business and when you sign your name on a contract, you have to uphold your end of the deal or face the consequences. Period.
mommy2008 03:26 PM 11-02-2011
Well , my English not so good , and i didn’t understand rules, I thought I pay when kid in daycare, rest of i don’t need nothing do . This is my first child and fist time daycare in America. I will be careful in the future.
Cat Herder 03:48 PM 11-02-2011
" If you child needs to leave our program , a two weeks notice will be requires .The notice must be in writing and given to owner .Management reserves the right to refuse service at amy time ,there will be a $30.00 charge on all returned checks .After two returned checks you will be required to pay in cash from there on past due fees will result in your child losing there spot ." from my contract ...
Did you give them a two week notice in writing?

If not you will owe tuition until two weeks after they receive that notice.

It is also possible that they might charge late fees for the payments that you are behind on.

It will continue to accumulate if you don't get this worked out fast. Most daycares contract with a collections service and will file a case in small claims court.
Unregistered 04:08 PM 11-02-2011
i dont want to leave program , kid have 2-3 weeks off after surgery,for 2-3 weeks not been in daycare i need pay ??? I do understand if i leave daycare for ever i need pay fees. Everything strange to me , and not clear bussines.
Unregistered 05:38 PM 11-02-2011
I do not give them a two week notice in writing . I dont want to leave daycare , just temperary kid was out from daycare because of surgery and teraphy .
Been of 3 weeks off , she asking me to pay $300 . This is fee not by contract , i dont see in contract . Ok guys , thank you very much , tomorrow i go talk to her personal .
Blackcat31 06:17 PM 11-02-2011
If I am understanding correctly, your child will just be absent for a few weeks after surgery and you are wondering if you need to pay for this time off?

You will need to refer to your contract and see what it says about absent days? I would think there should be something about absences in the contract or handbook and whether you have to pay for absent days or not. Is this a home daycare or a center?

You are right though, you should definately go and talk directly with the caregiver and see what you two can work out between the two of you.

Good luck with this situation and I hope everything goes well with your son's surgery and his therapy.
Cat Herder 06:37 PM 11-02-2011
Most daycares require you to continue to pay whether your child is there or not. You have to pay for the slot to be held open for your child to attend when you want.

We are only allowed to keep a certain number of kids (slots) per adult so we HAVE to get paid for each one regularly or we can't pay our bills or employees.

I, personally, can only keep 6 kids so if one does not come and then decides to not pay, I am out 1/6 of my income. With 3 kids of my own, I cannot allow that to happen. Does that make sense?

Now, myself, if I knew your son would be out for surgery, then I would meet you halfway. I could not afford to not be paid for 5 weeks, though. If your provider has more kids than I do, it is possible she may be able to do more. Make an appointment to talk to her.
cheerfuldom 11:56 AM 11-03-2011
I think you need to find someone that can help you understand the language and terminology for business dealings in America. This type of thing will be a problem over and over for you so it would be best to get some help before signing anything. The daycare situation is a done deal, you signed the contract and now have to follow their policies.
mommy2008 01:48 PM 11-03-2011
I solved problems this morning , Everybody thank you very much !
Cat Herder 02:07 PM 11-03-2011
I solved problems this morning , Everybody thank you very much !
I am so glad to hear that.

Please come back to tell us how your son is doing. Sending prayers for a fast recovery.
Tags:fees
Reply Up