Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Son (18 months) Is Jealous..
Buxterboo 03:31 PM 07-02-2012
... Of my new day care baby (6months)
This might be mean, but all I can think is "better get used to it buddy, little brother is going to be here in a few months! And he doesnt go home at the end of the day!"

Somebody please tell me it gets better...
He is being a snot. AND refusing to go to sleep (which is why he is probably being a snot...)
cheerfuldom 03:52 PM 07-02-2012
it gets better. but kids being jealous or competitive of each other is just part of the deal when you have a group of kids together, whether it is siblings or daycare kids.
jokalima 03:14 PM 07-03-2012
My son is the same way, it took him a while and intervention to get used to the DC,now I got new kids and he is acting up again, it is very difficult for me, I feel I can't do anything during the day because he wont stop crying, screaming and throwing fits, some days are just so terrible that all I have left to do is cry
christinaskids 04:44 PM 07-03-2012
I hear ya sister! My little guy is a complete crab during daycare hours. I try to spend time with him alone but that isnt always possible. I did just have a baby though and include him in helping with the baby and i really havent had jealousy yet. Good luck with your little guy!
Buxterboo 06:05 PM 07-03-2012
He did WAY better today.. I know a little is jealousy but I think a lot of it is also that he is *trying* to get rid of an ear infection. I dont think the antibiotics are working this time...

The only real big issue as of today is that he will NOT take a nap!! I dont know how to make him fall asleep. Per my licensing he HAS to sleep where the other kiddos are and none of us can be upstairs. It took over 2 hours to get him down today and then he was only out for 1 hour (normally 2). And he passed out on the couch, not a play pen or a sleep mat (i tried both).

Im just glad that the family is really nice and the baby is sooooo sweet so far! Mom was like "shes teething so she might be fussy. and grandma just left so she might want to be held all the time." i was thinking "oh boy, well Ill give it 2 weeks and see from there." So far she has been so easy (of course anything is easy after my colic baby! lol)
Unregistered 05:22 AM 07-04-2012
If your little guy has an ear infection laying down makes the pain worse. Maybe that is why he is not napping properly. Hang in there it will get better!
Buxterboo 11:42 AM 07-04-2012
I took him to the after hours doc last night and his ear was not getting better with the current antibiotics. He is now on a different/stronger medicine so hopefully he starts feeling better soon! Im really hoping that once the ear clears up, he will be better with naps. Thanks for the support guys!
Tags:jealous, provider children - bothering others, provider children - jealous, teething
Reply Up