Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Anyone Have A Retractable/Roll Up Gate??

I am looking at this one...

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...tegoryId=85217

It gets mixed reviews, but I'm thinking it might work for what I want. I would just like to be able to contain the little ones (crawlers, just walkers) when the bigger kids are doing something they don't want "messed up". I know this won't be as much an issue once kids are back in school but its been a real problem this summer. It would be attached from a bookcase to the changing table to keep the little ones in my "baby" area, so being able to retract is a huge plus - anything else would not work, although not even sure I could do that with this gate. I don't mind that its a little noisy, or that it requires 2 hands - those seem to be the biggest complaints about it.

Anyone have something like this???

Last edited by Michael; 08-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Unregistered

Yep google retract a gate. Love them had it for a couple years and so does my sister.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

I used them for a lot of years too... my biggest complaint was that I had to replace them a few times because after a while the mesh ripped off the sides due to kids pulling and trying to hang on them. Aside from that they were great and I loved the fact that they could be retracted and out of the way when not needed.... perfect for when my daycare shared space with my families livings space... after daycare the gate could be retracted and was out of the way.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yep google retract a gate. Love them had it for a couple years and so does my sister.
is there a reason that one is better than the one offered on one step ahead? There is a $30 or so price difference (the one step ahead one is on amazon for $79 w/free shipping).
Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Could be quality. Retract a Gate is not on amazon that I can see. This is the one I was referring too. I have had the kids try to hang on it I lock the gate so there is less give. I also make sure they learn quick they are not aloud to hang on it. Make sure if it is screwed into the wall you get some heavy duty anchors or tie is with heavy duty zip ties to the stair case.

www.retract-a-gate.com
Old 08-26-2012, 03:17 PM

I LOVE my gate from retract-a-gate! I'm planning on buying the shorter one for my kitchen doorway.

I ended up buying the first one because the one stop ahead retractable gate wasn't wide enough for the hallway where I needed it but the retract-a-gate one was larger than I needed so there was room for mishaps when it gets pulled out.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
These are the ones I use. They are good for bigger openings. They also come in tan.

Tags
gates