Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When To Call Parents Due To Fever
Oneluckymom 10:56 AM 01-22-2013
I have an 16mo old who is clearly sick and probably should have stayed home...caugh, runny nose, and now has a 99.5 fever.

At what temp do you normally call parents?
e.j. 11:25 AM 01-22-2013
I would call now. If the child is clearly sick and has even a slight temp, I call. Chances are, the fever will go highter before too long.

If the child is acting and playing fine, eating normally... I might keep an eye on him and give it until the fever reaches 100 but no higher than that. If I know they've been exposed to an illness recently, though, I would call right away.
jenn 12:01 PM 01-22-2013
If the child seems clearly sick to me, I send them home. Fever or no fever, if they are showing signs of illness (runny nose, coughing,...) or are unable to participate normally, I send them home. I would rather send home a questionable kid than have them stay and expose me and everyone else.
Oneluckymom 12:26 PM 01-22-2013
Yes, I felt she did need to go home. Mom just picked her up a half hour ago. Turns out the little one hadnt been eating well at home over the weekend either. She also didn't eat breakfast here. Thanks for the responses!!
renodeb 12:30 PM 01-22-2013
I usually call when they have a 100.0 temp. If they already have a 99 then its coming!
Deb
Tags:fever - policy
Reply Up