Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Normal behavior? Plan of Action..
Unregistered 01:40 PM 03-04-2014
I have a DCG I have been watching since August. She is now 21 months. She has always been a little whiny, she's babied by her mother, but I don't allow it here and she learnt that quickly. About a month ago she started with tantrums, constantly saying no, not allowing my 17 month son anywhere near her to play (he's the only other child I have). I nipped it in the butt and don't allow it. She has always known she has to behave for me and has acted out at drop off and pick up to an extent. Well after I started reprimanding the constant tantrums she has completely shut down. She won't talk, won't play, won't eat, cries all day, screams at the top of her lungs when her mom gets here, etc.. It's been brought to the moms attention that I've been dealing with her crying all day and not participating. When she gets here she swoops her off her feet and the babying begins. I feel like the mothers treatment of the tantrums and crying is only making the situation worse. I've never heard her tell her so much as no. I am due in July with our second and am becoming a bit worried. This is starting to affect my son, my husband when he arrives home and I'm worried for when the baby gets here. What would be your plan of action? This behavior can't be normal, can it?
Tags:tantrums
Reply Up