Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DC Job Description
Christina72684 07:25 AM 03-06-2014
What are some things you never thought you'd have to be able to do when deciding to do daycare? (Not seriously, just fun stuff)

Here's a few that I have come up with lately:

-Paper airplane builder

-Animal drawer (I had to google clip art drawings for dogs, cats, etc bc I'm a horrible drawer!)

-Baby doll feeder and wrapper (they love wrapping the dolls in blankets like swaddling lol)

-Action figure pretend player (not sure how to word it, but I have no clue how to play pretend with some of these guys)
Kimskiddos 07:40 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
What are some things you never thought you'd have to be able to do when deciding to do daycare? (Not seriously, just fun stuff)

Here's a few that I have come up with lately:

-Paper airplane builder

-Animal drawer (I had to google clip art drawings for dogs, cats, etc bc I'm a horrible drawer!)

-Baby doll feeder and wrapper (they love wrapping the dolls in blankets like swaddling lol)

-Action figure pretend player (not sure how to word it, but I have no clue how to play pretend with some of these guys)
to all of these! I can now make origami butterflies too. Oh and being unable to go to the bathroom without announcing "I'm going potty." which is embarrassing when you are with a group of adults.
jenboo 08:52 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
to all of these! I can now make origami butterflies too. Oh and being unable to go to the bathroom without announcing "I'm going potty." which is embarrassing when you are with a group of adults.
DH and I were about to leave the house the other evening and I said "Wait, I need to go potty first". He just stared at me
SilverSabre25 09:03 AM 03-06-2014
Toy facilitator: "There are at least 12 other blocks that are identical to the one he's using. Use one of those."

Hounder: "We're cleaning up right now. Can you put the blocks away? [ten seconds later] We're not playing, we're picking up. I need you to put that away. [fifteen seconds later] that's playing, not cleaning. You need to put the cars AWAY..." and so on...

Name-caller: Me: "Tori! Do NOT color on the wall!" Sarah: "But I wasn't." Me: "Yes, I know...that's why I said TORI, not Sarah." or "Josh, come here please. Josh, come here. Josh. Do you hear me? JOSH!!!" Josh: "Huh? Did you say my name?"

Lie Detector: Me: "Darryl!!!! You may NOT take toys from your brother!!" Darryl, sets toy down. "But I'm not holding it...."
Kcole1075 09:26 AM 03-06-2014
Fake food tester: " miss.k wouod this taste good?"

Translator: "what did you say sissy?"
" she said blah blah bla"

Acting like andys mom from toy story when I step on army men.

Sound effect identifier : dcb growls " are you being a dinosaur?" Completely guessing as a growl could be a number of things.
daycarediva 09:50 AM 03-06-2014
Magic chef: All of my veggies are spritzed with YUM spray, so they taste good. DCB came up with that on his own, he gets canned veggies (if at all) at home, so the taste difference is big to him.

parking lot attendant: I was taking (scribbled) tickets for their pretend cars for the parking garage earlier. I was supposed to remember who had which scribbled scrap of paper when they came back, too.

Correct-er of the difference between BAD words and potty words: Poop is a potty word. S h I t is a bad word.

Limit-setter: "What's the limit?" is said multiple times per day in my house.

Book memorizer: By the end of the month, I have all of our monthly book selections memorized.
Laurel 10:26 AM 03-06-2014
These are so funny!

All of the above plus:

-Butt checker- Finding out who smells by pulling the back of their diaper out.
-Booger accepter-Dcg had a booger on her finger the other day and said "Here grandma, a booger." Gee thanks. (they all call me grandma)
-Dog poop announcer-when we are on a walk outside..they do it now also...I say "Dog poop alert."

Laurel
Kcole1075 10:42 AM 03-06-2014
Protector of the crayons: we treat the crayons nicely and don't break them or take off the paper around them.

I have one who hates labels or stickers on things and takes the paper off tye crayons the stickers off of toys. If I dont protect the crayons the room is covered paper pieces.
Starburst 11:00 AM 03-06-2014
Poop inspector- lol my friend {DC owner's daughter} came up with that title one a few years ago.
melilley 11:08 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
These are so funny!

All of the above plus:

-Butt checker- Finding out who smells by pulling the back of their diaper out.
-Booger accepter-Dcg had a booger on her finger the other day and said "Here grandma, a booger." Gee thanks. (they all call me grandma)
-Dog poop announcer-when we are on a walk outside..they do it now also...I say "Dog poop alert."

Laurel
My 3 yo dcg picked her nose the other day. I didn't even notice, but she came up to me with her finger out. She said "I picked my nose, but don't worry, it was a dry one"! There wasn't a boogey on her finger so it must have fallen on the floor.
melilley 11:12 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Kcole1075:
Protector of the crayons: we treat the crayons nicely and don't break them or take off the paper around them.

I have one who hates labels or stickers on things and takes the paper off tye crayons the stickers off of toys. If I dont protect the crayons the room is covered paper pieces.
I have a few like this too.
Marker suckers too.
Christina72684 06:02 AM 03-07-2014
I love all these! My DH thinks I just "babysit" all day long and has no idea what we do. He doesn't realize the patience we have to have, how we have to think like a child, and how hard it really can be sometimes. But these " job traits" are what makes the job interesting and fun
mountainside13 07:24 AM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
I do this too! or accidentally start talking to an adult like they are a child!
Tags:fun stuff, job description
Reply Up