Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Incidental Medical Service IMF with Peanut Allergy Child
Blue sky 11:28 PM 11-28-2015
hi. I just started small family child care in CA. I was told with new role,I have choices over IMS. I can choose to service of IMS or not to have the service . If I service I have to take some practice and more paperwork. I chose not to have the service. However I have a child who has peanut allergies. He has EpiPen on his backpack. Since I am not allowed to use epipen because I chose not IMS, do I have to dismiss he child from my daycare? How the others doing ?
Silly Songs 12:28 AM 11-29-2015
What does IMS mean ?
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 11-29-2015
Originally Posted by Blue sky:
hi. I just started small family child care in CA. I was told with new role,I have choices over IMS. I can choose to service of IMS or not to have the service . If I service I have to take some practice and more paperwork. I chose not to have the service. However I have a child who has peanut allergies. He has EpiPen on his backpack. Since I am not allowed to use epipen because I chose not IMS, do I have to dismiss he child from my daycare? How the others doing ?
On page 25 in the link below it discusses Epi pens.

However, Id call my licensor just to be sure. There are strict rules about discrimination in regards to medical issues and in some cases you cant choose to not provide services (including having to be trained).

http://www.ccld.ca.gov/res/pdf/15FCCH-01.pdf
Blackcat31 06:56 AM 11-29-2015
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
What does IMS mean ?
. Its in her post title:

"Incidental Medical Service"
Silly Songs 08:50 AM 11-29-2015
Oh .. Duh 😜
Blue sky 12:57 AM 12-16-2015
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
What does IMS mean ?
Yes, it's "Incidental Medical Service"
Blue sky 01:06 AM 12-16-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
On page 25 in the link below it discusses Epi pens.

However, Id call my licensor just to be sure. There are strict rules about discrimination in regards to medical issues and in some cases you cant choose to not provide services (including having to be trained).

http://www.ccld.ca.gov/res/pdf/15FCCH-01.pdf
Thank you "Blackcat31". the link explained well!
however, I still should make sure about this issue since this is a new rule started this year in CA.
sharlan 06:28 AM 12-16-2015
This is a new one for me. I'm in CA and I've never heard of it.

I will call my analyst.
Tags:peanut allergy
Reply Up