Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Recommend Daycare Softwares?
Unregistered 10:15 PM 01-26-2009
Need to know from all of you in the daycare business, I am starting my application for a family daycare in my home, I've seen alot of softwares that provide much information, do you recommend them? Thanks so much for your imput.
leadhead15717 09:31 PM 01-28-2009
We have 2 large facilities with a capacity of 145 between the 2 of them and software is a must for us, I downloaded about 10 different trial versions and finally chose Procare software by Professional solutions http://www.procaresoftware.com/landi...n_land05.shtml.
Depending on what modules you need it will automatically bill, Keep track of clock ins and outs, Immunizations, emergency contacts, Food program, it will do whatever you need it to and In my experience it is the best. General ledger ect.

For a home based center with only a few children I don't think it is needed.
If you insist, Procare makes a mini version and also you can pick and choose what modules you need.
Download the trial version and give it a whirl.
tymaboy 08:42 AM 01-29-2009
I am an in home provider. I own a Mac & have decided to go with Macfreelance. It keeps track of hours,invoices & is great for year end taxes. I am able to customize it for my business. I also just purchased IWorks which helps do the forms that are needed & I am able to make pretty much anything I want to. Flyers, brochures, poster, professional letters & weekly news letter & many more. I would recommend getting some kind of software to help with all these aspects of the business.
mibelle 02:59 PM 02-12-2009
Procare is the best by far!
bshla 08:25 PM 04-16-2009
I use www.MinuteMenu.com it has everything you need, I believe and its only about $70.00 per year with regular upgrades. They also have online bill pay to help reduce trips to the bank.
Eric 06:36 AM 04-20-2009
I also used Procare Software, it's definitely one of the better tools on the market. But it always depends on you needs and preferences. You have to check out what you want to do with the software before you buy one. If you only want to keep track of basic things (time management, data storage, ...) you could go with a freeware because the professional software is quite expensive.
tinytadpoles 01:17 PM 09-13-2009
Originally Posted by bshla:
I use www.MinuteMenu.com it has everything you need, I believe and its only about $70.00 per year with regular upgrades. They also have online bill pay to help reduce trips to the bank.

I absolutely love this software. I use it in my daycare and once you pay the initial amount it is half of that to renew it every year. It tracks EVERYTHING and the tax people just absolutely love the printouts it prints they said it makes things so easy for them. But the key is keeping it up to date.
Molly Edwards 03:24 PM 02-07-2020
I opened my daycare a few years ago, and has been a total lifesaver when it comes to billing.

This one is great because all of the child and family information is in one place and easy to access. You can also print reports for billing, attendance, and other items.

My favorite by far.
ColorfulLearning 05:51 PM 02-12-2020
I use kinderlime. They bill per kid so if someone leaves the price is lower. I love it. I believe it’s from the makers of procare. I tried brightweel but their billing was very basic and if a parent didn’t pay in full then they would have multiple invoices that they had to pay in separate transactions which was annoying. After a week I switched to kinderlime and billing is more like a credit card...the invoice goes to their total account balance. Unlike brightwheel, they could pay extra and have a credit or they could make multiple payments. Think it’s $2.50/active kid. Once a kid goes inactive then the fee decreases where brightwheel was I think based on range exp 1-10kids is $25/mo. That’s prob not the exact amount though just an example.
Tags:2009, apps, daycare software, software for daycares
Reply Up