Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Little Help Please With Sick Day
Denali 11:16 AM 11-29-2017
Good morning everyone. I need a little help making a call with my policies.

My son has strep. He had a fever Monday afternoon. I was open for the rest of Monday and open Tuesday and kept my son separated from the daycare. This involved my husband taking time off work to run things while I took care of our son downstairs. It wasn’t until Tuesday afternoon that he told me his throat hurts. So I took him to the doctor and found he had strep.

My husband was unable to cover for me today, and neither were grandparents able to take my son. So I let all four of my families know at 6pm Tuesday night that I had to close Wednesday as my son would still be contagious.

I just received a text at 8am this morning from one mom “So do we still get charged for today I feel bad asking and I hope —my son’s name— feels better but I was just curious”

My policies say I change regardless. The only time I don’t is when I go on vacation. Now the reason I am wavering is that on my holidays closure list I gave out at the beginning of 2017 says that I was going to closed in November for a day or two for vacation/Doctor appointments and I was not going to charge for those days. My plans and appointments fell through so I canceled the closures... but now I’m closed today for illness and most likely will have to close again by the end of the week if myself or my daughter become ill with strep.

I feel like maybe I shouldn’t charge for today to be a little fair... but then I also feel like I should stick with my policies. This family has only been with me for 3 months. They were referred to me by another family that joined me 4 months ago.
Tags:sick days, sick policy
Up