Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Natural, Holistic and RAW Lifestyle>Gluten Free
jojosmommy 09:57 AM 02-07-2011
Hi, one of my parents just got temporary custody of a relative who will be attending my daycare starting next week only on snow days, non school days and during the summer. She said she is gluten and caesin free and gets a gluten free lunch at school. I am familiar with gluten and casein allergies but mom said it would be alright if she ate what the other kids ate because "its not that bad. She doesnt get like sick or anything we just discovered it through some other genetic testing we had."

I am not comfortable feeding her gluten and casein products. The guilt alone would eat me alive.... What should I do? Make her bring breakfast, lunch and snack?

If you arent familiar gluetin and casein free products can be expensive and dont store very long so I don't really want to go out and buy a bunch in case we have a snow day or non school day. Especially because this is just temporary. Also, gluetin is in art products like playdough so it can be a lot of work to completely rid your house of gluten.

Any ideas?
Tags:diet, gluten free, playdough
Up