Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Disgusting Things Parents Do
permanentvacation 12:57 PM 12-10-2015
I literally became physically ill a few minutes ago when a mother picked her son up from my daycare. Her son's nose was running. So she licked her finger, wiped his nose, then put her finger BACK INTO her mouth, licked her finger again (ATE HIS NOSE MUCUS!!!), wiped his nose again, then licked her finger again!!! She literally ATE the mucus from her son's nose TWICE!!! EWWWWW!!!!! No wonder these children have such disgusting habits and now I understand why I can't break them of their habits. They are learning them from their parents!!!!

So, anyone have any stories of gross things your daycare parents do?
Mad_Pistachio 01:32 PM 12-10-2015
just to add to the nose-wiping habits... when my daughter was 3 months old, she had her very first runny nose. I went to look up what can be done at such a young age and stumbled upon a few topics in the LJ community for Russian mothers. they discussed how they would suck the snot out of a baby's nose with mouth. I threw up and bought NoseFrida. at least that thing has a filter.
ew... we are a yucky bunch.
auntymimi 06:04 PM 12-10-2015
I think it's really gross when kids come in reeking of cigarette. That's the grossest thing I've had.
Bookworm 06:08 PM 12-10-2015
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio:
just to add to the nose-wiping habits... when my daughter was 3 months old, she had her very first runny nose. I went to look up what can be done at such a young age and stumbled upon a few topics in the LJ community for Russian mothers. they discussed how they would suck the snot out of a baby's nose with mouth. I threw up and bought NoseFrida. at least that thing has a filter.
ew... we are a yucky bunch.
My uncle's ex wife used to do this. Just plain nasty.
LindseyA 02:26 PM 12-11-2015
I have a dcb2 who will try to hand me his boogers. Brother dcb4 says "he gives them to mom and she puts them in her pocket." I didn't think anything of it until I witnessed it at pick up recently! Dcb2 picked his nose and handed it to Dcm. Dcm says "I'll put it in my pocket, it'll come out in the wash." Ew! Whenever he tries to give me one I take his other hand, lead him to the garbage can, throw it away and wash hands. All while saying something like "I don't want your boogers, let's throw it in the trash!" certainly not as bad as Eating them, but still strange!
hottie8962 01:09 AM 12-13-2015
Originally Posted by auntymimi:
I think it's really gross when kids come in reeking of cigarette. That's the grossest thing I've had.
Yes thats the worst for me strong cigarettes smoke smell I have two brothers 1 1/2 and four i swear she smokes with the windows up yuck.i usally set backpack/diaper bag out on porch to air out but that doesent really work i have extra clothes for them so i will change if its so strong, and maby quick wipe down with baby wipe for the little one.my hands stink from touching there bag and my clothes stink from her handing me the little boy.if im in the middle of doing laundry I wash the clothes and keep them and they take home the extra I put on them to wear.
Unregistered 10:09 AM 12-13-2015
Originally Posted by auntymimi:

This is why I don't accept children that come from a home with smoking. Ew ew ew. Cigarette smoke is NASTY!
Baby Beluga 07:31 AM 12-14-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This is why I don't accept children that come from a home with smoking. Ew ew ew. Cigarette smoke is NASTY!
Thankfully I have not dealt with this yet, but I don't think I could either.
I get awfully sick from second and third hand smoke.

As far as gross stuff parents do, I can't say mine do anything gross in front me. They are all pretty much aline with my ocd cleanliness tendencies :)
Crazy Baby 01:48 PM 12-14-2015
One of my DCMs wipes her kid's boogers on his shirt so he just has a bunch of boogers all over him. That's not as gross as eating it though!

Another mom will never use a changing pad when changing poopy diapers. I think that's gross and a bit disrespectful, especially since it's on my carpet.
WoodOx 02:16 PM 12-15-2015
One of my dcm puts her kids shoes on my kitchen table when she's going to put her kids shoes on at pickup. Its happened several times, also instead of sitting them on the chair, she sits them on the table. I think it's gross having shoes on the table. The dcd won't do that, but she does. I think she doesn't know any better but at the same time it puzzles me since she's a school teacher.
Reply Up