Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare T-shirts
williams2008 03:50 PM 05-17-2013
I designed a new daycare t-shirt and I wanted to see if the parents wanted to order the kids one. I ordered my last shirt from Custom Ink and they are kind of pricey along with the company I just designed the new one at. My question is do anyone know of a reasonable place I may can order online?
CedarCreek 04:10 PM 05-17-2013
I ordered mine from Vista print!

I think they do free shipping after a certain amount and I found a coupon code for 50% off!

It was great!
sahm1225 11:33 AM 05-19-2013
I used ooshirts and they were fast to ship and the cheapest I found (using my own design).

Do you have the patents buy the shirts? Do you keep them at daycare?
LaLa1923 03:35 PM 05-19-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:

I think they do free shipping after a certain amount and I found a coupon code for 50% off!

It was great!
I saw that they could do them BUT I only saw white??
williams2008 05:43 AM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I used ooshirts and they were fast to ship and the cheapest I found (using my own design).

The parents will have the option to buy one if they like. Starting next month we will be taking 2 field trips a week and I'm hoping that everyone buys one so we can wear them on the field trip days. If the parents buy them they can take them home, but if I end up buying them, I'll keep them here!
williams2008 05:44 AM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:

It was great!
I looked on Vista print, but I was wanting a neon green color and I think they only did white or gray.
CedarCreek 07:44 AM 05-20-2013
Oh that's true now that I think about it. I really like white shirts though.
Blackcat31 07:50 AM 05-20-2013
You could purchase the T-shirts yourself from Wal-Mart or Target and then print your logo or design on a special iron-on transfer paper and print it right from your PC.

Then you take the paper and iron the design onto the T-shirt yourself.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Epson-Iron....5-x11/4858118

I do this with photographs of the DCK's. I put their pictures on white pillow cases and that way each child knows which pillow is theirs for rest time.

HTH
MarinaVanessa 09:00 AM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by sahm1225:

I looked on ooshirts and got a quote for a small red kid's cotton t-shirt with a colored graphic of a train (5 colors) on the back which was $20.36. I thought that was a little pricey.

At vista print I get a white kid's cotton t-shirt with the same design for $11.99. I always just wait until they have the free shipping sales and get all of my advertising stuff at once (tshirts, business cards, magnets etc).
williams2008 09:16 AM 05-20-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You could purchase the T-shirts yourself from Wal-Mart or Target and then print your logo or design on a special iron-on transfer paper and print it right from your PC.

Then you take the paper and iron the design onto the T-shirt yourself.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Epson-Iron....5-x11/4858118

I do this with photographs of the DCK's. I put their pictures on white pillow cases and that way each child knows which pillow is theirs for rest time.

HTH
great idea!!! Thanks!
small_steps 09:56 AM 05-20-2013
I just had t-shirts made. I went with someone local because I wanted cute colors too. I ordered 9 for myself as I plan to wear them for my uniform and also everywhere I go. Ordered 2 for my helper and some for the daycare kids.
I went with someone local. He designed my logo for free if I bought shirts from him so I paid about $12-$13 a shirt and they have my logo on the front and a bible verse on the back. I love them! They are really cute. There was a 15 shirt minimum order but that was pretty easy to meet and if I want more later there's no minimum.
sahm1225 07:02 PM 05-20-2013
You have to call ooshirts to get a discount. I ordered 3 adult sizes and 14 kids sizes for $200. The shirts are bright yellow and had 6 colors.

I went on there today to see about ordering more and the prices were $20/each until I called.

I know vista print usually does really good deals. Or you can try a local print shop?
LaLa1923 08:57 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by williams2008:
The parents will have the option to buy one if they like. Starting next month we will be taking 2 field trips a week and I'm hoping that everyone buys one so we can wear them on the field trip days. If the parents buy them they can take them home, but if I end up buying them, I'll keep them here!
I would just buy them and keep them there.....It's much less hassle and you can keep them for other kids.
LaLa1923 08:59 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I looked on ooshirts and got a quote for a small red kid's cotton t-shirt with a colored graphic of a train (5 colors) on the back which was $20.36. I thought that was a little pricey.

At vista print I get a white kid's cotton t-shirt with the same design for $11.99. I always just wait until they have the free shipping sales and get all of my advertising stuff at once (tshirts, business cards, magnets etc).
I saw that BUT IMO if you want to advertise (as I do) I would make them yourself if you can. Ordering them can be pricey. I like the "hot" colors. they really stand out! Plus, you can see the kids better.

I have safety green t shirts. They are hot green with black lettering....
williams2008 09:09 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I would just buy them and keep them there.....It's much less hassle and you can keep them for other kids.
That's a great point!
LaLa1923 09:13 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by williams2008:
That's a great point!
I also buy the next size up and just throw it on over their regular shirt. I also noticed they seemed to be sized one size small. I bought a small in child size (8 I believe) and it fit my 3 year old, not my 7 year old (who I bought it for).

They are only $2.99 each at michaels
KnoxMom 09:27 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I'm going to go with Vista Print as well. The iron-ons are inexpensive and look nice but they can sometimes crack and fade if you forget and throw them in the regular wash/dryer. They are also limited in size and I like everything BIG

Also, Vista Print sends me discount codes if I leave things in the cart without purchasing so I'll wait for a free shipping sale and throw in my discount code! I order lots from them: business cards, postcards, etc.
LaLa1923 09:30 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by KnoxMom:
I'm going to go with Vista Print as well. The iron-ons are inexpensive and look nice but they can sometimes crack and fade if you forget and throw them in the regular wash/dryer. They are also limited in size and I like everything BIG

BUT how will people notice them and you? I really wanted to order them from vista and save me the time, why the heck they only have white is beyond me!!

https://www.shirtsinbulk.com/product...--Shirt_35_114

They have a lot of colors and go all the way to a size 5x. I bought the stretchy transfers from walmart. They washed nicely but you can't put them in the dryer. I wouldn't anyway, cotton shrinks....
KnoxMom 09:50 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
BUT how will people notice them and you? I really wanted to order them from vista and save me the time, why the heck they only have white is beyond me!!
My logo is what draws attention. I personally love a crisp, white T. My logo looks BEST on white or light gray. Some of the louder colors can be an eyesore or distraction (except for when you need them for heavy populated field trips). Because my main purpose is for advertising and to be uniform rather than to keep up with the children, white is a necessity for me.
Attached: HighHopesKnox.jpg (10.1 KB) 
LaLa1923 09:59 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by KnoxMom:
My logo is what draws attention. I personally love a crisp, white T. My logo looks BEST on white or light gray. Some of the louder colors can be an eyesore or distraction (except for when you need them for heavy populated field trips). Because my main purpose is for advertising and to be uniform rather than to keep up with the children, white is a necessity for me.

I like your logo, I don't put mine on the shirts bc It's too much. I want them to see my business name and number.

I agree it is an eyesore but that's what gets you noticed.

I use safety green to be noticed and to advertise.

I do think white works better for a uniform, so we only wear them when we go out.
Tags:marketing ideas, t-shirts
Reply Up