Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question on Social Worker Visit
megoddess444 06:12 PM 12-07-2017
Quick question. I have a foster child in my care. I got a call from his social worker this evening asking to come visit him tomorrow while he is in my care. It's 6pm so I can't call my analyst to ask if she can come without being "cleared" through my license. The social worker is not with CPS she is with the foster agency. Can I allow her to visit him without a clearance? Not to mention, rude on time of call and late notice. But what can you do? Please advise ladies.
Thanks
Cat Herder 02:54 AM 12-08-2017
I'd ask the guardian for permission first. Is she a CPS subcontractor?
boy_mom 05:11 AM 12-08-2017
I would postpone until you have an answer from both the guardian and the licensing office.
megoddess444 06:06 AM 12-08-2017
I'm not sure if she's a subcontractor. The guardian is who gave her my phone number. So the Guardian knows but didn't say anything to me first. I did postpone. I told her I had to clear it through licensing first and Friday wouldn't work, being it was such late notice.
Leigh 09:26 AM 12-08-2017
You won't need clearance for a child protection worker to visit. If a child is in foster care with an agency, it is nearly always because the state has contracted with them, and they act as state employed workers do. I would let them visit (and I often do), and give them a time that works well for you.

Here, the social worker has to actually lay eyes on the child at least once a month in an in-person visit. If the child can talk, they also have to question the child about their living situation and whether they feel safe. I'm sure the visit is likely just routine.
hwichlaz 02:15 PM 12-08-2017
The foster care agency is the child’s legal gaurdian, so I’d imagine you’d treat it like another legal gaurdian wanting to visit. But require ID/Proof.
megoddess444 03:56 PM 12-08-2017
Thanks for the input guys. I had zero problem with the them visiting. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules. I did double check with licensing and they said it was fine. I've been doing this for 13 years and this is the first time I have been in this scenario.
Tags:cps, social worker
Reply Up