Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:20 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default First Aid and CPR

Anyone ever used an online course for certification in Adult, Child and Infant CPR and First Aid? If so, which website is acceptable. I found several that will do it online. My licensing agent just told me my husband has to have this before Jan. 31. He has it already because he coaches and teaches PE but that one is not appropriate for childcare. He doesnt work at the center but is listed as an owner. So she says he must have it before I can go from a TEMP to Regular license. Please help someone. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Preschool Teacher

I did online....but I still had to go into WeRCPR to take the tests
Old 01-18-2012, 05:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would go with the AHA or the Red Cross if they have an online CPR class.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

AHA is my first choice.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:59 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I was just certified by AHA. I paid for the classroom First Aid and CPR course, but they offered the online route since they didn't get enough students signed up for the classroom session. All I had to do was go through the online material and go to an instructor to do a skills demonstration test.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I usually us Red cross but I take an 8 hr class in the actual office. Here as of last year we are not permitted to have trainings done online anymore. We have to attend the actual class and participate hands on. We were told no online courses/certificates would be accepted. Just a thought maybe you should double check your state so you don't waste time or money and have to repeat.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:21 AM

I did the AHA class online last time, and had to meet with an instructor for the skills demonstration. It was easier that way and cheaper than the Red Cross.

I've also done the challenge session at the Red Cross. My Red Cross chapter will let you do a challenge session whether you are currently certified or not, but not all of them will do it that way.

Tags
care courses, cpr, cpr - aha, cpr - red cross, first aid, training