Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Here!
Beach Baby 11:36 AM 01-20-2012
Hi everyone! I'm Niki, I live in PA, and am currently a full-time student and SAHM. I will be finished with my Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education in May. I currently babysit for a friend on Fridays and as needed for another family. I would like to start a home daycare, but am feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all! My sons are in school all day and I have my daughter (17 months) at home with me. I'm not sure how to work out daycare with the layout of my home. The first floor is the living room/computer area (very long and open room), which leads to the bathroom. On the other side of the living room is the kitchen which opens up to the playroom. As of right now, I have my daughter and another toddler (20 months), so all the toys are toddler appropriate. I'm wondering how you all do it with different age groups? How do you keep the daycare from taking over your living space? Our basement is not finished, so that is not an option. I think my biggest fear is that I won't be paid. The family I babysit for on an as needed basis has been consistently late with payments. They have never not followed through, but it has taken texts from me and several days of waiting to be paid...each time. Do you have your clients pay up front? Do you charge even when the kids aren't there? I suppose I would love to hear a little about how your home daycares run, if you have the time and wouldn't mind sharing. Or maybe there is a thread already started somewhere? I'm sorry for making this so long...I'm excited to start, but have so many questions and fears!
Tags:playroom ideas, policies - categories, rate - structure, training
Up