Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm getting really tired of getting hit at by my DCG
deliberateliterate 06:08 AM 10-29-2014
This has just been escalating for about 6 months now. At first it was directed at my 4yo son. Now he's at school during the day, so it's directed at my other 2yo DCG, and more recently, it's at me.

They are not hard hits, more like smacks. Her first instinct when something doesn't go her way is to raise her hand and smack at whoever is offending her. When someone tries to steal her toy, or someone is in her way, etc. With me, it's when I take a toy or something inappropriate (remote control, cordless phone, someone's shoe, etc) away, or when I stop her from doing something, she gets this really mad look on her face and tries to hit me.

As I said, it's escalating, and I'm at a loss. She use to do it only when I wasn't looking. In fact, she use to glance at me to see if I was looking and if I was, she'd lower her hand. But now she doesn't care if I'm there or not.

She just turned 2 a couple of weeks ago, and is mostly non-verbal and in my non expert opinion, might have some delays. When I tell her not to hit, or to be nice to her friends, she just looks at me blankly, or smiles. And of course now the other 2 yr old picked up on it, and smacks her right back.
Tags:behavior modification, behavior observation tool, environments, escalation, training, violence in child care
Up